Wednesday, November 23, 2011

DIY: Glitter In My Veins


I know I have mentioned Pinterest before but my obsession has grown immensely. Since my first discovery, I have spent endless hours pining over various DIY projects and ideas for outfits. My latest obsession has been DIY Glitter Pumps. I tackled this today and I am so glad I did. The results are perfect!


I started with a pair of black pumps that I really don't wear, Mod Podge, Glitter, Sponge brushes, White acrylic paint and bowls.


I got various colors and wasn't really sold on any one color so I decided to mix my own multi-color.



Here is the end results despite the various shades that show in the pictures below.

Next I took the white paint and covered the shoes entirely. I didn't want the black base to affect the shade of the glitter.



Once the paint dried, I added Mod Podge to my glitter until it made a glue like consistency and started painting it on the shoes.


Be sure to keep the glue covered while waiting for the coats to dry. 


I did two full coats and touched up any holes once the first two coats dried.


Since I am an extremely anal person, I took an exacto knife and cleaned up the bottom black piece to make it all even and black. 


Here is the finished result---the different shades is due to different lighting---






This was super easy and I plan on making a couple more pairs in different colors and maybe some flats. I had glitter left over so after scouring the house for something to paint, I painted a headband (modeled by my sister!) and the clasp of a clutch.



I'm really happy with the results and can't wait to wear these. I need to pick up some sort of sealer to add to the shoes before I wear them out and about. All of the Pinterest things I read on these shoes said they hold up very well. I'll keep you posted!

Off to make my herbs for the turkey and finish our pecan pie. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!!

xo Mere

7 comments:

  1. How fun! ...and they look great! I am anal as well... that's the first thing I noticed and laughed when I saw the next picture, including your mention of using the exacto knife :)Happy Thanksgiving! xo, tasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG-osh, this is so awesome. They came out really nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one amazing model! You should be thankful to have her haha they do look awesome. I'll be bring my flats today to see what you think. I need to get in on all the glitter action! I love sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Varicose veins can appear as either bulging, often twisted and shaped rope, or small and wiry.

    veins

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummmmm holy genius! Those are great! I will DEFINITELY be trying this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the DIY! It turned out so well! Maybe I'll have to do this on an old pair of shoes!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog