Friday, October 7, 2011

OMGeeee---Where To Start...

It's official---I'm a bad blogger. Here is a quick update to let you all know I'm alive and what's been going on...normal blogging set to resume next week!

 These last few weeks have been totally ridiculous. We have been training for the Half Marathon (only three weeks to go) and we moved!! While we only moved from one unit to the other, the difference is amazing. We spent the whole week before we moved painting. The living room is a greige color with the wall behind the television a terracotta/brick color and the bedroom is a steel gray with slight blue undertones. The majority of the house is still in boxes so pictures to come as soon as we get it decent (this weekend hopefully). The view is amazing and the house feels so much cozier with all of the color on the wall.

Our half marathon is October 29th. It is the Miami Beach Halloween Half Marathon which means of course costumes!! We signed up in the villain category and I have decided to be Catwoman a la Batman Return, Michele Pfeiffer. I am planning to take black tight shorts and a black running tank and make white stitches like she did. I am envisioning her costume just without legs and sleeves. I can't decide for the headpiece if I should make one similar to hers just out of a light fabric or just stick to a store bought headband with ears.


Being the makeup fanatic that I am, I am still determined to don red lipstick and the cat-eye look. I'm thinking the red will be easy with a red lipstain but the eyes have me a little more concerned. Does anyone have any waterproof (extremely) eyeliner favorites? I'm really excited about this and cannot wait. I had a sore knee this week so took the week off from running but I am planning to run nine miles in the morning, we shall see!!

Other recent news: 

Had a horrendous week at work and the husband bought me a dozen roses and gourmet cupcakes in addition to decorating the house for Fall and cooking dinner all week.  Love him!

My niece turned one! Here is a recent picture of her. Her party is tomorrow! She's getting so big!

As you can see, busy has been the theme lately. I'm excited to relax this week with a new good read (The Hunger Games), do a little unpacking and organizing, and love on my nieces and nephew!

I hope your week has been great and back to normal operations soon.

xoxo 
Mere


1 comment:

  1. The Hunger Games is a GREAT book! I read it in about 2 days because I couldn't put it down. Be prepared to go out and buy the other 2!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog