Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Outfit and a Weekend Recap...

Happy beginning of another new week friends! I had a really nice weekend and am happy to be beginning another great week. Saturday began with a nice four mile run followed by a trip to Sarasota for the Fit2Run store, a running specialty store I LOVE. My sister and her boyfriend joined us and then we ended up at Siesta Key Beach for the rest of the afternoon. This beach has been voted best beach in the country multiple times and since I had never been, we decided to visit it. It was a great day and the beach was gorgeous. I recommend to anyone in the area.

For any of you that watch Man vs Food, you may have heard of a restaurant called Munchies 420 Cafe in Sarasota. This restaurant (using that word loosely) has been featured on this show. I personally do not watch this show but since my sister's boyfriend does, he was very gung-ho to visit this place since we were in the area. I saw the menu and about died, you have to check it out! Their selections include items called Fat Faf and Fat Daddy.

My husband, sister, and I all ordered relatively calm, "normal" menu items (cheeseburgers and philly cheese steaks that were still massive but normal more or less) and they were pretty tasty but all three us of only conquered about 40% of the meals. All I was thinking was "There goes my run" lol.

My sister's boyfriend, however, is one of these people that has a bottomless pit for a stomach and a stomach of steel. He ordered the Fat Sandy which consisted of two cheeseburgers, mac & cheese, chicken fingers, onion rings, french fries, and mozzarella sticks on a hoagie type roll about 12" long. This thing was massive and he ate the WHOLE THING in less than 20 minutes. I was so very impress (and grossed out all at the same time). Best part is, he wasn't sick afterwards lol. This place was so weird and small and definitely not a place to go on a diet but an experience is a great way to put it. Made for a fun and interesting trip to say the least.

The rest of the weekend was laid back and enjoyable, consisting of a little shopping, running errands, and dinner with the family.

Outfit for today is a repeat but hubs was ready and willing for some picture taking so here we are. I love this skirt and don't wear it nearly enough.

 

Skirt: Zara
Top: Banana Republic
Heels: Jessica Simpson
Belt: Anthropologie

I hope you all are having a good week and had an enjoyable weekend. Happy Monday!

xo Mere

6 comments:

  1. Just found your blog.. it's adorable! I love your outfit in these pictures, and oh my GOODNESS I can't believe your sister's boyfriend ate all of that! I would have barfed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby loves watching Man vs. Food. Interesting show haha.
    You look great, love the simple yet chic outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skirts and dresses are definately lovely on you! Very pretty. I never wear dresses, I always tell myself maybe if I tone up more, I will one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like these heels on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That skirt looks fabulous on you! And I'm definitely loving those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Cailtin---thanks for the comments and welcome! I love new readers.

    @Sheila---thanks so much! You should try dresses more often, I think they flatter all body types and look really put together (oh and are so easy):-)

    @Lindsay, Lilly, and MaryAnn----thanks for the comments! xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog