Sunday, July 31, 2011

Tarte for True Blood

On Friday, I finally made my way to Ulta to use my 20% off coupon. I went inside with the intention of getting a new primer and powder since I am almost out of both, of course that is not the way my Ulta trip transpired. What's new right?

First thing I saw when I went to the makeup section was Tarte's True Blood Collection (by the way I absolutely love True Blood) !! I have been so out of the loop I hadn't really heard anything about this so I was immediately excited and eager to try it out. I have one other palette from Tarte I tried about a year ago and it's one of my favorite palettes and gets used a couple time a week so I was very excited to try the palette for this collection.

The collection comes with a separate cheek stain and lip stain, both in red, and since I have 15 lip products in various reds I decided to pass on that and the cheek stain as well. The eyeshadow palette, which is what I bought, has 17 eyeshadows, a mini mascara and primer and a full size black aqua-gel liner.



Firstly, I have to say I love the packaging. It's very "vampy" and looks like something that would be in the Vampire Bar on the show. There is a wide variety of shadows in the palette ranging from glitter, to shimmer, and even matte. I haven't tried the mascara that came with it but I love the primer and the eyeliner is an aqua gel liner and is awesome. It looks and feels like liquid eyeliner (and has the staying power of liquid too) but is in the ease of a pencil. The product goes on the eye with the touch of a feather so when using, I was careful not to press it very hard. I could see that the product will get used up very quickly though. With my one use, I had used almost the entire tip that was exposed.

The palette also comes suggestions for four looks: Vamp Glam, Luminous Fairy, Vampy Vixen, and Not Your Average Waitress (in this order below). I tried Vampy Vixen on Friday night and it was very pigmented and bright and maybe a little too much for a casual sushi dinner with the hubs and one other couple. I do love the look though and have some pictures below, although the colors don't show super well with the lighting but enough I think.

(Tried to get a picture that showed the colors well and ended up in direct sunlight)

Better pic with eyes open but can't really see the silver

Overall, I have to say I am in love with this palette. It has a great range of colors which I think makes it great to give for a gift or to use while traveling. The eyeshadows that I did swatch are very pigmented and also have Tarte's usual guarantee of cruelty free and contains no parabens or synthetic fragrances. The eye liner is amazing and I plan on checking out Tarte's other eyeliner products and colors soon.

Have any of you tried this palette? I'd love to hear your thoughts. I'll keep you posted of any new looks or comments on this palette. I do recommend so if you love makeup and True Blood, this is for you ;-)

Now let's just hope tonight's episode is exciting!

xo Mere

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog