Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Twenty-Nine! & an Outfit...

Well I have made it twenty-nine years on this Earth so far. I can't believe it, time has flown by so fast. I don't feel this age and according to the clerk at the grocery store who carded me for wine recently, I don't look "that old". Of course I chuckled to her and muttered thank you under my breath. I have to admit when I was 19, 29 seemed kind of old and so far away, but now that I am here, 19 wasn't that long ago and I am by no means old---perception is a wonderful thing.


I had a great day. Started it out with my annual birthday song from my mom first thing in the morning and just kept getting better all day. I had a decorated cube at work, a birthday lunch with coworkers, flowers sent from my dad, and tons (seriously almost 100) Facebook well wishes. I really am a lucky girl.

After work I walked in the door and saw my husband had decorated the house with balloons and streamers. It's such a fun thing to have in the house. We decided Melting Pot for dinner so I got home from work, got ready and we were on the way.

I decided to dress up a little more than usual---if your birthday isn't an occasion to dress up I don't know what it. Here is what I wore---



  

Dress: Express
Shoes: Badgley Mischka
Clutch: Jessica McClintock

I so in love with these shoes. I have worn them a few times now and they are so comfy and different from anything I usually wear. This dress is actually a comfy jersey cotton material---looks dressier than it feels, which is a huge plus.

(not naked, I swear) ;-)

Dinner was great and I'm stuffed as should be expected from that Melting Pot dessert. I'm hoping today is just the beginning of a great year, my last year in my twenties. Crazy---when did all of this time pass and when did I become an adult! ;-)

I hope everyone is having a great week! 

xoxo 
Mere

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday doll! Love the shoes ~ stunning!

    xo, tasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh you look amazing!! Love the dress!

    Happy birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Mere! You look killer in that dress! Your body is insane, and in a good way ;) Happy bday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that dress on you! You look fantastic, Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those shoes and your legs look great; happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog