Monday, May 16, 2011

Outfit: Black Polka Dots...

It's that dreaded day again--Monday! It's funny that I never wake up on Monday morning ready to tackle the day, ever! Maybe I need to work on becoming more of a morning person. 

I started half marathon training this past week but the whole crazy sore throat thing this weekend has already put me a little behind. I am hoping to get back into it as soon as I am feeling up to par. I started training for a half back in October. The plan was 12 weeks and the mileage increased every week, starting at 3 miles all of the way to 10. By the time I hit the week with 8 miles, I was interviewing for a new job and traveling for work very frequently. 

To say the least, I was overwhelmed and pretty much quit training and didn't do the race. This time, I am doing things a little smarter. I am taking the 12 week plan and spreading it over 24 weeks and using 2 weeks to increase the mileage as opposed to every week. I feel this will also allow me to have a week or so to step back in mileage if I need a break. The race I am planning is the Miami Halloween Half Marathon. 

Initially I was planning the Disney Wine and Dine half but I heard negative things and read some negative reviews and I think this race is going to be a better fit for me. My sister is training with me also and I think it will be an awesome accomplishment for us to do together.

On to the outfit:

This outfit is from last week and this is the first time I have worn this dress. I really like it and it was super comfortable. The dress code where I work is very liberal, anything goes. I work in the accounting department where people don't typically dress up so every time I wear something such as this, I get tons of comments as to why I am dressed up. I actually have more business dress clothes than casual so these are just easier for me to throw on. Oh well if I stick out compared to my coworkers...



Dress: White House | Black Market
Belt: Calvin Klein
Shoes: Antonio Melani

I hope your Monday is going well! Later chicas!!

xo Mere


4 comments:

  1. So so pretty and lady-like. Love the chiffon polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress, so sexy and elegant at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think if you're going to stick out from the rest of your co-workers, this is the way to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this dress - it looks great on you!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog