Monday, April 4, 2011

Things I Want to Try...

Here are some things that have piqued my interest and I am eager to try.



Firstly, the Bumble and Bumble Dry Shampoo in Brown. I really like most of the BB products and the fact that this product comes in Brown really has me wanting to try. I like the Tresemme one but I'm not in love with it. If I use it, I have to apply it before bed, otherwise the white shows up and looks a little "George Washington-ish". Hopefully this product will work well and blend better than others I have tried.

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Tipsy or Blissful, need to see them in person to fully decide on the shade. TiffanyD has raved about these and honestly, after hearing her reviews I am sold. This is supposed to last 12 hours. I don't really have a coral or peach blush, I mostly have a range of pinks and I think coral-based colors are really in and popular for the spring/summer months. The fact that it's made with natural clay is an added bonus!



Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant. I have heard really good things about this deodorant and how effective it is despite being all natural. I am not one to be 100% sold on all natural/organic products but I do think that when available and reasonable, it's nice to get away from all of the chemicals and unnatural products. 

MAC Lipstick in Impassioned. I love this. Seriously?! So so much. I think it's a fun, bright color--perfect for summer. I think this would look great on most people and with a nude eye, fab!

These are some products that I have been eyeing and hoping to try sometime soon. Have any of you tried these out? What are your thoughts?? Any other products you all are dying to try?



On a separate note, tomorrow is One Day Without Shoes. As a way to increase visibility for the millions of children that don't have access to shoes and therefore are exposed to disease and infection, tomorrow is a day is not wear shoes. I think this idea is amazing and I wish I was brave enough to partake. On the other hand, I can't imagine going a whole day, to and from the car, in restaurants, etc, without shoes. I do think this is an issue that needs awareness and I think TOMS has done an amazing job at bringing this problem to light. 


In honor of tomorrow, April 5th One Day Without Shoes, I made a purchase on the TOMS site. For those of you unaware, TOMS donates one pair of shoes to those children in need every time an item is purchased. I bought this T-Shirt and a classic pair of canvas TOMS in white, therefore purchasing two pairs for children in need.

Has anyone heard of this before? Are any of you planning to go without shoes? 

Happy Monday! Hope you week goes great!

xo Mere

6 comments:

  1. Great idea for a post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing the day without shoes after work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the Tresemme dry shampoo being too chalky and white! I raved about it when I first started using it. I personally love the scent of it, although I know many people don't. But I don't like the white after effect! I think the brunette Bumble and Bumble would be perfect! I wonder if I can find it at Ulta...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and yes I will be going mostly barefoot tomorrow since I won't be working =) What a wonderful way to bring this issue to light. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for, something different. Everything was so traditional, the only problem I'm going to have is the 2nd garter, the tossing garter, I'll have to come up with something. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I picked up this Tarte set (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml%3B$sessionid$4TCDQR2JEENDYCV0KQLQ5UQ;jsessionid=4TCDQR2JEENDYCV0KQLQ5UQ?id=P282029&categoryId=A47) from Sephora that comes with a full size Amazonian Clay Blush in Adored. The blush is really great but it is sparkly. If I tap my blush brush though, it seems to get out most of the glitter.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog