Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Outfit and Strawberries...

My father-in-law lives on a few acres and has a garden in which he grows fruits and veggies that he eats and they are really good. He has grown lettuce, corn, tomatoes, potatoes, watermelon, pumpkin, and so much more. This Sunday when we went over there to watch the Superbowl, there were a few rows of strawberries ready to be picked that he saved for me to pick.

The hubs and I, along with my FIL, picked probably three or four quarts of strawberries and in return, I was to make my FIL a strawberry pie. We had enough strawberries for two very, very full pies and about a dozen chocolate covered strawberries.




This product, Dolci Frutti, is so good and makes making chocolate strawberries so easy. I made these in 5 minutes. You wash the strawberries and make sure they are totally dry. Take the lid off of the chocolate and microwave at 50% power for increments of 30 seconds, stirring in between until it's fully melted. Dip and let set on wax paper and enjoy. It's the perfect treat for Valentine's Day if you ask me. 

Ok the Outfit of the Day...

About once a month, my closet becomes total mayhem and I realize that practically every pair of shoes I own are on the floor of my closet. Sunday I embarked on the mission of closet-reorg and while hanging up some coats, I realized that I have never worn this coat that I purchased during the Nordstrom's Sale over the summer. The temp this morning was in the 60's, which was way too warm for this coat as I was practically sweating by the time I got to my desk but I was pretty eager to wear it as the cold days for Florida Winter 2011 are definitely numbered.





Jeans: Express
Top: H&M
Heels: Betsey Johnson
Flats: Steve Madden
Coat: Hinge from Nordstroms

I initially was going to wear the heels today but the other night while walking in the dark around my bedroom, I kicked one of my dog's rawhides and it actually cut my foot. The cut is right on the inside ball of my foot and the heels were killing me---so flats it was. I was more comfy but I really loved how the heels looked with it.

I really love this coat but the closures are hook and eye and when fastening the lower ones, the upper ones would sometime unhook, you can kind of see it in some of the pictures with flats, by that point I had given up. That's my only complaint though, overall I love it and I am totally bummed I neglected it all winter. Maybe I'll get another cold snap so I can wear it out more. :-)

I'm off to make dinner while watching the Miami Heat game---so far they are winning--Go Heat!!

xo Mere

5 comments:

  1. You look so cute! Love those flats. I still regret not buying them at Marshalls for only $29 :(

    Oh I'm starting to drool right now...LOVE strawberries. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pie looks so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous...the pie and strawberries look scrumptious! Love that jacket and the flats are adorable. They look great on you. I have really fallen in love with flats lately ;)

    <3, natasha

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little jacket is so cute on you, and I love the Betsey heels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that THE strawberry pie I love so. Jealous. I am so glad you finally got to wear the jacket. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog