Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Week of Repeats...

Sorry to be so vacant on the outfit front lately but I have been doing some serious recycling. The great thing about starting a new job is that my whole wardrobe is "new" so I have been re-wearing some of my faves. I promise to have some new, creative outfits soon.

Yesterday with my new company, we attended a "Get Motivated" seminar. I was going into this seminar expecting the worse and while it wasn't overly exciting or super entertaining, it wasn't bad either. I saw some pretty awesome speakers live, such as Laura Bush, Colin Powell, and Rudy Guliani. I cannot believe Colin Powell is 73--he looks great for his age. There are about 4 or 5 other speakers as well with topics ranging from finances to motivational stories of their lives. It was a great day away from the office and I got to sit six rows away from some pretty awesome people.

I have been a little lazy with running this week and today was my first day back in the saddle. This Sunday is my race for the Warrior Dash! I am super excited even though there is a possibility that my partner may be too injured to run :-(  Hopefully she can miraculously heal.

What's going on with you? Any exciting news? Share please!!!

xo Mere

4 comments:

  1. Good luck at the Warrior Dash!

    <3, natasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meredith-Do you have any good running tips or a good schedule to follow to get in shape for a 5K? I'm running one at the end of March. But I haven't started getting in shape for it yet.
    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Natasha.

    @Janine--I am currently using Hal Higdon's Intermediate 5k plan but if you are new to running I'd say use either his Novice plan or try the couch to 5k. I haven't used the latter but I have heard some great things about it. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the tips on Hal. I just printed out his novice 5k plan!
    Janine

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog