Thursday, January 13, 2011

Outfit & Holy Sore Legs...

Happy Thursday! So today was supposed to be my third day of running in a row, another three mile run. My legs felt totally fine all day so I drove to the gym, got dressed, hopped on the treadmill, and started warming up. Walking felt fine, not one little ache. However, the minute I started jogging, my legs were on fire. They were hurting so bad that my knees were even buckling and I'd have to catch the rail to hold on. Yikes! Needless to say, I only made it one mile of the planned three. It is what it is though--I'll rest tonight and tomorrow and hopefully I'll be all set for my run on Saturday.

Today was another chilly day and I felt less than inspired as for an outfit so simplicity is the name of the game here for me.




Top: Ann Taylor Loft, seen here and here
Jeans: Express
Boots: Ciao Bella, buy here and seen here
Coat: Old Navy, seen here
Necklace: The Limited
Earrings: Banana Republic

By the way, I am totally digging the camera with the remote, the pictures are so much better and more fun! I like being a little silly sometimes! 

Oh yeah, I finally got my Sephora iPhone case---it's super cute (and free--even better!)

Have a great night and tomorrow is Friday!!

xo Mere

8 comments:

  1. I'm jealous, I can't even run a mile haha. I went to the gym on Monday and my calves are still killing me.
    Love that coat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It does take some time to build up---start slow and it will come to you easier---promise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute, classic outfit!

    I just started following your blog and I had a question for you, have you always been a "runner"? Or have you had to build up to it? If so, any suggestions? I just started walking again but I want to start running but it just hurts! I know I need to build up endurance but...does it get easier?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started running in December 09 and I was def not a runner. I started slow and have built up a good endurance. I'd suggest trying a beginners program such as couch to 5k or a novice program from Hal Higdon. I'm currently following the intermediate plan from Hal trying to better my 5 k time. And don't worry if you aren't fast as others---it's all about you. I am super slow and I am working on it but I don't let it get to me. Hope this helps and thanks for following me. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the advice! I will look into that couch to 5k plan:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you for running! And sticking to it! Love the new pics.

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUCH a bummer about the running... hopefully it'll be better in a few days -and good on you for still doing a mile-

    Cute top!!

    I'd love to see your pictures a bit bigger :)

    A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Rachael

    A.Co--Thanks for the comment and the recommendation. I have been thinking about changing my blog and your comment reminded me. Larger pictures coming up. :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog