Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010----What I've Done...

This time of year always come with reflecting back on the resolutions that we made last year and thinking forward to all of the ways we are planning to do it differently this time.

In looking over my New Year's post for 2010, I think I did a somewhat decent job of sticking to my goals but for this year, I think I am going to make a shorter (more attainable) list for 2011.


Career:
I'm starting the New Year off with a bang in this department. This is the first year since 2006 that is not being started with twelve weeks of 70 hour work weeks and Saturdays (not to mention the tension and anxiety). There really isn't any "goal" for 2011 in this department besides starting a new job (with hopes of loving it) and soaking everything in like a sponge.

Exercise:
I got really close to the Half Marathon training in 2010 (quit training in week 8 of 12) but that made me realize that I am not quite ready for that so my goal for 2011 is to workout at least four days a week, running 3 of those days. I would like to run a 5k under 25 minutes by the end of the year. That is a hugely lofty goal as my 5k's right now are about 33 minutes but I have been researching different training programs and I definitely think it is achievable.

Health:
This one is more straight forward--continue decreasing the amount of Coke, hopefully to zero and limit fast food as much as possible. Also, now that I will be in an office every day, I want to commit to bringing my lunch every day.

Love:
Find new and exciting ways to express my LOVE to my husband. We have been together for 13 years and I love finding new ways to keep things fun and interesting.

Family:
I not sure if this is going to get me in trouble but mom if you read this, this is TENTATIVE! I'd like to start the whole starting a family process by the end of the year and if the end of the year comes, and I'm not ready then this will be a repeat goal in 2012 ;-)

Blog:
I have been toying with the idea of a Blog 365 Project and I think instead of starting a whole new blog, I am going to start incorporating this into my current blog, not quite sure how but we will see.

Things I am leaving in 2010:

  1. A job I despise
  2. Traveling for work
  3. Studying! (no more CPA or degrees)
  4. Grudges
  5. Frivolous shopping (fingers crossed on this one! Hubs would appreciate it)
I want to thank each and every reader I have---you make this blog what it is by reading and commenting and giving me a purpose to continue on! Thanks!

Happy New Year!!!

xo Mere

4 comments:

  1. What is a Blog 365 Project? Something where you blog everyday? It sounds interesting!

    Thank you so much for the advice on my resolutions, I'm definitely going to look into that website and a recruiter! I hope you had a nice new year's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! The Blog 365 is taking a photo everyday for a year. If you google it, there are tons of bloggers that have done it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! I like the idea of 365, I've seen it on flickr, etc. I'm going to do it this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great list! The 365 blog sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog