Friday, December 17, 2010

Outfit for the beginning of a nice, long break!

I want to start off this post by saying thanks for all of your sweet, congratulatory comments. I'm not quite sure if I should mention what company I am working for just yet but it is a national, fashion retailer that most of you have probably shopped at. Right now they have about $2 billion in annual sales.

The position I was hired for is a Senior Accountant doing mostly internal financial reporting. My understanding is I will be providing each brand within the company financial data for them to gauge their progress, compare budgets to actual, forecast, etc. I am really excited about this opportunity. I think I am well suited for the position from what all of the interviewers described.

Now onto the perks that I am looking forward to:
- casual dress code. I went twice for interviews and everyone that interviewed me was wearing jeans. Others I saw, especially in the design department, were wearing anything and everything. I am so so so excited about this. There are so many items of clothing that have been neglected for so long that will finally see daylight (plus all of my stuffy suits will be nicely placed in the back of my closet.)

- This company is striving to be on Forbes Top 100 Places to Work. From talking to various employees, the company distributed a survey asking opinions and is starting to work on the results of those surveys. They recently purchased land next door and there are talks of plans to build a fitness center, a clinic, and a daycare (which now I might have a reason to use one day). Super jazzed about that!

- No travel, no busy season, oh did I say no travel!

So my first day is January 4th and when I gave my two weeks notice yesterday, I was told that today was my last day. The timing couldn't be better. I have the best possible two weeks off, the Holidays! Overall I am really excited and I hope I like this position and job as much as I am anticipating--just really seems like the perfect place for me.

Tonight, we met my sister for sushi for a mini celebratory dinner. Here is my outfit:





Top: H&M (I know this has been here often but I love this top, it's so so comfy)
Jeans: Express
Headband: Banana Republic
Flats: Gap
Lipstick: MAC Lady Gaga

Tomorrow I am planning to hang around the house and clean up, maybe finish some last minute Christmas Shopping. Sunday I am hoping to make some Christmas cookies. I found some recipes online that look really good so hopefully they taste as good as they look. Anyone else have any Christmas plans for the weekend?

xo Mere

6 comments:

  1. You look adorable with your hair up! Congrats again on the position...Change is GOOD! ;)

    <3, Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome news! Love the casual and comfy look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm planning on finishing my Christmas shopping tomorrow (nothing like waiting until almost the last minute!) and hopefully doing all of my wrapping on Sunday. I wish I could say I was going to a fun party or something.

    Congratulations again on the new position! You must be so excited about the no travel part!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Natasha--I agree, change is amazing sometimes. I hope this change is all I am anticipating.

    @Mary Ann--Thanks so much!

    @Lindsay--Hope your shopping went well (and you got some great goodies) Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new job, so exciting :)
    There is something so great about stripes, they make the outfit chic instantly.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog