Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Mish Mash of Christmas...

This blog post is going to be a mish mash of random happenings over the last few days. Starting off, Sunday the hubs and I hung around the house, ran to CompUSA for a new hard drive, and to my mom's house for Christmas cookies. Every year my hubs pesters my mom for cookies and he takes his "fair share" of cookies (which consisted of three large rectangular ziploc containers). Here is my outfit from Sunday:



Dress: Banana Republic
Jacket: Gap
Shoes: Steve Madden

Yesterday I finally went grocery shopping and in my travels, decided to get some supplies for some Christmas cookies I was going to attempt.

I think I cleaned out the baking isle of Publix lol. Well I first attempted a no-bake smores cookies that started out with 2 cups of peanut butter, 1.5 sticks of butter, and 5 (yes FIVE) cups of powdered sugar. To say the least, there was no where near enough liquid to wet 5 cups of sugar. Those ended in the trash.

My next cookie attempt actually was successful--chocolate cookie sandwiches:

This is the recipe I used from the Food Network. I really like this cookie but the hubs thinks they are too rich.  The marshmallow calms down the chocolatey flavor in my opinion and maybe only being able to eat one is a blessing in disguise.

Lastly, my nails are finally matching the Holiday season. I painted my nails with last year's OPI Dear Santa. It's a very red polish with the tiniest, little glitter flecks. I am really digging this polish, it almost looks like red foil when the light hits it.




We are off to the hub's dads house tonight for dinner to celebrate the father in law's birthday. I have to admit, I'm really digging this no work thing. :-) I caught up on TV, painted my nails, did a little scrapbooking, and all in my yoga pants & hoodie. I'm def taking advantage.

Christmas is right around the corner---I can't believe it! Is all of your shopping done?? Mine is!

xo Mere


4 comments:

  1. Love that nail polish! So perfect for this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Those cookie sandwiches look so good! I'm craving chocolate at the moment ;)
    Love the polish you have on too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shoes and the polish and I bet I'd love the cookies if I could have one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Christmas shopping is done...FINALLY! and thoes sandwiches look amazing! Your hubby is tooo lucky. If only I had the patience to bake. I never get past the batter :)

    <3, natasha

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog