Sunday, December 5, 2010

MAC Style Trends Class...

Yesterday I attended a MAC Style Trends class at MAC in Macy's. This is the first time I have attended a MAC class and I hope to go to some more. The atmosphere was so great and everyone was really helpful and informative (and I picked up some great tips).

The class theme was celebrity style. The looks they taught us were (1) a J-Lo glowy skin look, (2) a smokey eye, and (3) a bright bold lip. There was 30 people in the class and we were divided into three groups and we  rotated from the three different looks.




I was selected to have the first look done on me (which I was thrilled about). Here are my notes from the first look (if you can decipher my scribble. I noticed that I spelled some things wrong so please forgive me, I was trying to pay attention).

And here is the first look on me. I am not a huge fan of an overly bronzed face so I think this looks a little too "made up" for me but I love the eye and the Lady Gaga lips.



Since this was the skin focused look, they did a lot to prep the skin. I'm trying to recall and I am hoping I get all of the steps but I am pretty sure it was to first spray Fix Plus all over the skin. Then use Prep + Prime Skin Brightening Serum, this product reduces the appearance of dark spots over time and has an egg-white consistency. It felt really nice on the skin and gave a very dewy look. Next was Pro Long Wear Foundation. This is a new product and offers 15 hour wear. This has good coverage and I actually ended up buying it. She also used the Pro Long Wear Concealer for blemishes, which dries into more of a plastic finish and doesn't wear off at all. The makeup was set with a little Prep + Prime Translucent Finishing Powder.

For the cheeks, she used the cream bronzer from the summer beach collection. She pretty much put this all over my face. I would not wear it like this if I were doing my own makeup as I typically like a less bronzed look. For the cheeks she used Melba. For a highlight, she used Vanilla Pigment.

For the eyes, she lined the lower waterline in Teddy, Haux all over the lid, Embark in the outer and inner corner, Vanilla Pigment as a brow highlight and in the center of the lid and Haute and Naughty Mascara to top it off.

For the lips, she used Lady Gaga Viva Glam Lipstick with the Lady Gaga Lipglass gloss. She didn't use any liner but she said the perfect liner for this lipstick is Subculture.


So for things I took away from this---

I love the Teddy Eye Pencil. It is a brown with fleck of shimmer in it. It really brings out my blue eyes and she said this pencil is great for blue and green eyes, but also great for those with honey brown eyes. I picked this up and would definitely recommend.


The Vanilla Pigment is so much more than simply eye shadow. It can be used as a face highlighter, eyeshadow, and to dab in the center of your lips for a lip highlight. Love this product so far.

For the eye shadow, I love these browns, Haux and Embark. I usually just put darker colors into the crease but when she did my eyes, she did the inner and outer corners and dabbed the vanilla in the center to make the eye more three dimensional. 

I like the look of bright lips every now and again so I picked up the Lady Gaga Lipstick and Lipglass. The lipstick can be worn alone for a more muted look or with the gloss for a brighter, bolder lip.


The Melba blush is so fresh. The color looks like the perfect color of natural blushing. I am in love with this blush. I tried to swatch but it didn't show up as much as I hoped it would.

Lastly, I really liked the feel of the Pro Long Wear Foundation and the coverage is similar to what I like so I pick this up. I wore it with the Prep + Prime Powder and I loved the finish. I def recommend this. I was even sucked into getting the foundation and concealer brushes. I think I may be totally in love with the MAC Brushes---but why or why--they are pretty pricey!


Here are the other looks they taught us, I didn't get any pictures of these looks on people but here are the notes I took. Again, try to decipher my scribble and if you have any questions, I'll def try to help.
This was the smokey eye. 

This was a bright pink lip

I had a great time, spent too much money, and learned some great tips. I hope to get the heads up the next time one of these rolls around. Happy Sunday all. I am busy catching up on all of my shows and doing laundry so I can pack for my next week of travel (boo, boo and another boo!!)

xoxo Mere

7 comments:

  1. that gloss looks fab on you and i really love the eyes too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that look on you! Sounds like a fun class. Was it something that anybody can sign up for? I'd love to attend one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Veronika--thanks.

    @ Jacki-- I was at the MAC counter one day and one of the sales associates as me if I wanted to go. It was normal every day people so I think if you ask about it, I'm sure they'd let you know when the next one is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a really fun time!
    I am definitely going to look into Teddy, it looks like a phenomenal color. Vanilla rocks, you can use it everywhere. You can even pour some into your Fix+ to create a glimmery sheen on your skin when you spray it, it's awesome. Love that gloss on you too, it's perfect for your skin tone.

    I am confused about the e/s colors though-Haux is a dirty pink color and Embark is a deep purple/brown. They're both a couple of my favorites and I've had them for years, lol. Those colors don't look like mine at all. Did you buy a bunch of colors? lucky gal!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Andi--Thanks. I do love Teddy (that statement makes me laugh because my husband's name is Teddy lol).

    I checked the colors again and they are Haux (left) and Embark (right). Maybe it's my camera? I only bought those two but Retrospective & Foley are next on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great! I have wanted to do a MAC class for a while. I love my Teddy liner. It looks great with so many shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun Mere! Does MAC do classes in all of their stores?! Your eye really shines bright with those color combinations. LOVELY!

    <3, natasha

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog