Sunday, November 21, 2010

We Did It: Muddy Buddy 2010!

Today was the Muddy Buddy Race in Miami that I have been all consumed with lately. To say the least, this race was so much fun! The premise of the race is that teams of two complete a six mile course with obstacles, alternating between biking and running.

For the start of the race, one team member is running and the other is biking, at every mile or mile and a half, there are obstacles that we had to do. After we do the obstacles, we would switch and the other team member would bike or run. The obstacles weren't too bad, there was a rock climbing wall, balance beams, and a 20 ft high inflatable cargo net climb with a slide down the back.

The running was tough as it was probably 80* and sun-sunshiny! Once all of the course was complete, the buddies had to go through a mud pit together before crossing the finish line. It was so fun and slimy, yucky mud--but fun more than anything else.

There are quite a few good pictures I wanted to share with you all...
Here we are---team Green Beans! I made the tutu's out of nylon tulle and we used various iron-ons for the tank tops. Here is a close up of the top.

Hubs was the photog for the day---we took a little while getting everything ready beforehand with the costumes and the bikes


...and the race begins..

Here is Heather, the bikers were off first so as not to run over the runners. (look for the tutu)

And me...

...and after the mud!

Crossing the finish line---we finished in 1:02:18. We were in the 5th wave so the time on the clock isn't for our wave but cumulative.

our tutu's weighed like 10 lbs after all of the mud.


On the way to the shower station (read: a bunch of hoses and 1,800 people all wanting to get in)
See!

Afterwards, all cleaned up in the beer garden, being silly with the hubs.

and normal :-)

And there you have it---I finished my first Muddy Buddy and I have to say it will not be my last! I am hooked. Now only if I can get hubs to do it next year with us, I think he would like it, despite all of his belief to the contrary. 

There is another crazy race in Florida in January called the Warrior Dash and it's similar but on a much higher caliber. I think that one would be fun but I don't know if I am quite ready---I think I'll need a couple months of cross training for that one. There are alligator swamp swims, tire runs, palmetto bushes runs, hurricane typhoon winds, hay bale climbs, and more! 

I think I'm addicted! Uh-oh!

xo Mere

10 comments:

  1. Ohh that looks like SO much fun!! Love the tutus! Great pictures, it looks like a fantastic race. Congrats on finishing your first of what will probably be many more! :) It's so cold up here now, I can't imagine running in 80 degree weather but I'm not really looking forward to running in 30-something degrees in 2 weeks either. It's my first race ever, a jingle bell 5k, but sadly no fun mud will be involved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very cute ladies!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's awesome that you did that! Love the outfits too!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun is that! We have a Warrior Dash here in Ohio and I've thought about doing it. Congrats on your first Muddy Buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jacki--Thanks, the weather is kind of bumming me out. Hard to think about xmas wearing shorts but its something I have grown accustomed to. Good luck on your race and wear removable layers of clothing! I always warm up quick!

    @Allie--Thanks love!

    @LabelSnob--Thanks so much!

    @my life as a wife--Thank you. You'll have to post if you do the Warrior Dash, I'm so curious how it is. It looks so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Love the outfits :)

    <3, natasha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, so cool Mere! Congrats! Looks like such an awesome way to spend the day, what an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Natasha--Thanks!

    @Andi--Thanks it was awesome for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Mere! I wouldn't last a minute ;) It did look fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! I love the team spirit and outfits!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog