Monday, November 15, 2010

Updates for a Monday...

Sorry I have been MIA these last couple days but I have just been exhausted. I don't sleep very well in hotels alone and these last two weeks out of town for work have left me totally pooped. We had a pretty relaxed weekend, nothing too exciting.

On Saturday, I ran a couple errands with my mom and I really didn't feel like getting all made up so I thought I would show you how I do my makeup when I don't really do my makeup, if you know what I mean...
I use Benefit's Confessions of a Concealaholic. I use the lighter Boi-ing concealer over all of my blemishes then use the darker Boi-ing to blend out that first concealer. I also use the lighter color down the center of my nose for somewhat of a highlight. I use Lemon Aid on my lids to lighten them a bit, I have naturally dark lids and then I use Eye Bright in the inner corner and under the brow bone. Using a large fluffy brush, I apply pressed powder, such as Hello Flawless, mascara (DiorShow here), and a MAC LipGlass and we are ready to go. What are some makeup shortcuts you use??

On a separate note, I have to tell you about my day. I have mentioned before that I am having some issues regarding my job and just in short, I am over it. My job is pretty demanding and I think that I am just ready for a job that allows me to move on to the next phase in my life. The economy here is pretty bad and there are no other opportunities so all in all, I feel trapped. This feeling frustrates me, especially since I have put in so much hard work and money into school and getting certified.

This frustration has been extremely prevalent while I am at work, making my moods a little off, to say the least. Today I am technically in town but my client is over 100 miles from my house and the only reason it's considered "in town" is because I don't want six straight weeks of hotels. I left work today at a decent time in order to get my run in, more on this later, (since yesterdays 7 to 8 mile run ended up being 2 miles since I felt horrible). I sat in traffic and it took me over two hours to get home. I was so frustrated that I was actually crying in the car, over something I couldn't control--yes, silly I know!

So I walk in the door with puffy, red eyes and a migraine approaching and it's 7:00. At this point I have given up all hopes of going on a run. Hubs tells me the minute I walk in the door to change clothes and he will bike behind me while I run. He had just walked in the door after working all day and going to the gym for over an hour himself---what a great guy I have right!! I had an awesome run. I made it 8 miles, my longest run ever and I walked less than a mile of it. I think this run was the perfect outlet for all of my frustration. I loved it! Thanks hubs for all of your motivation!

Lastly, I got the sequin dress from Fred Flare that I mentioned here and to say the least, it's horrible. It's cheap looking and super short and don't even ask what it up with this shoulder---
I didn't realize my face showed my confusion until I texted this to my bestie and she was cracking up. Needless to say it's going back. :-)

Ok, I think I have you all caught up to my ongoings. Here's to a better tomorrow.

xo Mere


6 comments:

  1. I absolutely hate when you order something and it just is not what you had been expecting! I sometimes get that with Topshop. So annoying!

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. {{HUGS}} ... I'm sorry you are overwhelmed and just over your job lately, it's terrible when you go through them spells! And, it's not silly you cried on the way home, a good cry can do a whole lot of GOOD IMO!

    Keep your head up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hugs from me too :) sounds like you need a vacation! congrats on the long run :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jaime-- I know. This has been happening mor often for me. I hate it especially because I procrastinated going to the post office.

    @Tamara-- thanks! You are too sweet and you are right about a good cry, sometimes we just need it I guess.

    @Veronika-- thank you. I do have something planned for the week of New Years. Can't wait for a break.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a better day today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your eyes are such a beautiful color! Do they change color from day to day?

    Love your expression in the last photo by the way! HA!

    <3, natasha

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog