Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Outfit: First Day with Tights...

Today is my first official day of the season where I was able to wear tights. I was way more excited about this outfit when I first got dressed but as the day went on and now looking at these pics, I'm not so sure I like the lighter gray shirt with such dark tights--maybe a little too harsh? What do you think??




Skirt: Banana Republic
Top: Banana Republic
Jacket: Nordstroms
Tights: Express
Shoes: Steve Madden Trinitie

I'm not sure but oh well. That's the beauty of fashion, it's totally your own!

I love this grey eye makeup and I think that a grey smokey eye, whether subdued like this or crazy smoked out for a night on the town can work on almost anyone. This is using the Smashbox Wish palette from 2009.

I have been thinking a lot about New Years Eve and Holiday parties and I got an email from Fred Flare that totally grabbed my attention. If you haven't visited this site, beware, there are totally strange items on here, especially in the accessories department but I found a dress I just love! I ordered this today and I'm not really sure where I am going to wear it but it was 30% off and I had to have it!
I am obsessed with sequins and the puff sleeve is perfect. I think this is more NYE to me than Holiday party so I am still keeping my eyes open for a Holiday dress. It's so out there but I am so in love--weird!

Oh and for all of you Sephora VIB's, there is an event this week on 11.11.2010 from 6-9p, 20% off and there are makeovers and other goodies so if you are able, check it out. I am in the middle of no where and there is no Sephora in sight so I unfortunately will be missing this opportunity but make sure you take advantage!

Tomorrow is the hump! Yay!!

xo Mere




5 comments:

  1. Yay for tights! A dark gray tight would look nice, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I genuinely love this look Mere! I think it looks sophisticated without trying too hard. And the lighter grey breaks up the darker tones, which I think is nice too.

    PS - I own that same jacket from Nordies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mary Ann---I agreed, maybe next time I'll try some of my gray one. Thanks.

    @Noelle--Thanks! Isn't this jacket great, I love it. Although I do wish it closed with buttons or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get some tights by this weekend. Now after reading this I'm thinking maybe I should check express. : ] You are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely outfit! I think I have that BR skirt in black ;)

    <3, natasha

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog