Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Black Friday!

Happy Black Friday all! I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful and I also hope all of your shopping dreams came true today. I initially had no plans of shopping today. I am never prepared with my Christmas Shopping list and therefore when I shop on Black Friday, I end up only buying for myself---today was no exception.

My plans for the day were the movies with my sister, we were going to see Love & Other Drugs with Jake Gyllenhall and Anne Hathaway.

I woke up earlier than expected and I knew my sister was sleeping so at about 10:00a or so, I decided to head to the mall "just to see". I was only there an hour or so but here are my goodies that I found.

I don't have a grey suit and Express had everything 40% off so I got a grey skirt suit. Nothing overly exciting but necessary.


I was walking through Macy's and these bad boys from Guess caught my eye. I couldn't find them on Macy's website but I did find them on Endless.com


I love towering heels but sometimes I hesitate wearing them since I don't always love towering over people. These are going to be perfect for those nights out when I just want to dress it up a tad. The side material is a see through sheer fabric but it's hard to tell in the picture.

Every year I always but a set of MAC Lipglasses from the Holiday sets, they usually last me through the year. This year I got the neutral/bronze set. The set includes Bright & Perky, Spirits a' Flying, Stealing Kisses, Girls at Play, and Scottish Litt.


I also picked up a lip liner to go with the dark lip color I got from the Villians Collection. It's really hard for me to wear darker colors without liner. I got Currant Lip Liner.




I also stopped by Ulta to grab some polish from the OPI Burlesque line and the Essie Winter Collection. I ended up getting a couple other items too.

Essie color in Luxedo, it's a dark purple

Essie in Smokin' Hot, it's a matte gray

OPI in Teasey Does It. This color is a purple with some brown iridescence in it.

I tried to get the colors in this pic but it didn't work out that well.

This clear coat is the best. It dries almost instantly and keep the polish longer than other clear coats I have tried. I am almost out so I grabbed some of that.

This eos lip gloss' packaging attracted me so I picked up one in Lemon. It's super smooth and I love the packaging and the shape.

After all of the shopping, we finally got to see the movie. It was a pretty good movie although slow at times. I also couldn't believe how naked Anne Hathaway is in it. I have never seen her...well...so nude.

I love that it's only Friday and I have two whole more days! I am hoping to get my run in tomorrow so I can get it over with. Only three weeks until my Half Marathon and I am starting to doubt myself. Tomorrow's run is supposed to be 9 miles---yikes!

Have a great Saturday!

xo Mere

9 comments:

  1. i just got an EOS lip balm too and love it :) I got the summer fruits one (the only one they had) but wish they would have had lemon cause I love lemon lip products!

    those shoes are cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some great stuff! I love that OPI polish! Looks beautiful. I got the Ali's Big Break from the Burlesque line. It's a great holiday red. How does the Orly In A Snap compare to the Seche Viche, do you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same MAC lip products, too - Dark Deed and Wrong Spell. I paired them with "Nightmoth" lipliner, but it's a tad too purple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Veronika-- Thanks! The lemon smells so good. They had Sweet Mint at my Ulta too but I'm def in love with lemon too.

    @LabelSnob--Thanks! I love the Orly clear coat but I have never tried the one you mentioned. Where do you get that at?

    @MaryAnn--The MAC associate was between the two in suggesting and she ultimately ended with Currant. I haven't worn it yet but it looks like it goes pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those nail colors you got. Anyway you will take pix of them actually painted on your nails? I'd love to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Mere Sorry, the name is Seche Vit! I got mine at Sally's Beauty Supply. I think Ulta carries it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did I miss this post? You did some serious shopping Mere and I love your picks! I hope you enjoy the EOS lip balm as much as i do. Mine is almost gone! I also love the shoes you bought - so chic and girly.
    I took advantage of the Express Cyber Monday Sale today and got some great deals.
    Shopping is so much fun =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Labelsnob--thanks. I'll def check that one out too.

    @Beauty girl--I didn't take advantage of any cyber Monday deals but mostly because I have an H&M trip planned this week. Shopping is so so much fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog