Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Busy Day -- Outfit, Baking, and Dinner with Fam!

I'm officially on my four-day weekend! Yipee! I love long weekends.

The client that I was at closed today at 2:00 so I got an early day. Here is my outfit from work:



Dress: Mossimo from Target
Belt: Anthropologie
Shoes: Banana Republic

After work, I was perusing through cookbooks looking for a dessert to make for tomorrow. I found a recipe for Streusel Apple Cranberry Pie and while I haven't sliced into it yet, the apples were delicious before getting cooked into the pie and they smelled great while cooking.
The recipe is for one deep dish pie but I don't have a deep dish pie pan so I doubled the struesel and made two pies.

Streusel Apple Cranberry Pie

Streusel Topping:
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts

Crust & Filling:
1/2 package refrigerated pie crust (1 crust)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup dried cranberries
2 tsp orange zest
7-8 red baking apples, such as Jonathan (2/5 lbs)

1. Preheat the over to 350*. For streusel topping, combine flour and brown sugar in a small bowl. Cut in butter using a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Stir in walnuts and set aside.

2. For the crust, let pie crust sit at room temperature for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Add cranberries and orange zest, mix well.

3. Core and slice apples. Add to sugar mixture until evenly coated.

4. Gently unfold crust and place in pie plate, forming loose ruffle around the edges. Spoon apple mixture into crust. Sprinkle crumble mixture evenly on top. To prevent the edges from burning, cover pie crust edges with 2-3" strips of foil. 

5. Bake 50-55 minutes or until apples are tender and streusel is golden brown. Cool for 2 hours. Serve and enjoy!

Lastly, my sister and her boyfriend invited us to dinner at Bonefish tonight, which is one of my fave places. Here is my outfit from tonight.


Jeans: Old Navy
Top: Express
Belt: The Limited
Flats: Steve Madden

Me and my sister!!

I wish all of you a wonderful Thanksgiving and I hope you are surrounded by those you love, whether it be friends or family. I am extremely thankful for all of you readers. I really and truly enjoy having this outlet to share my thoughts and ideas. Happy Thanksgiving!

xo Mere

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Mere! Yummm....the pies look scrumptious :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog