Monday, October 18, 2010

Sewing Adventure: Grey and Sunshine...

I must admit that this dress almost won the battle and defeated me. I started this dress well over a month ago, maybe two and I got stuck on the collar. I ended up sewing the collar twice back when I first started and out of frustration, the dress sat in that condition until Saturday when I decided to try it again. I got it to work,  finally!

I am overall really happy with the results. After trying it on again, I think I am going to take in the skirt front area as it is a little big. Hopefully I'll do that this week and actually get to wear the dress to work soon. Here is the pattern I was working from...

I love this pattern and other than being my first collar and the troubles with that, I really think this was easy to follow. I'd like to make the scoop neck top with either the full or straight skirt sometime also. In choosing a color/pattern of fabric to work with, I knew I wanted to use the grey, which was purchased a while back, and (with the help of my BF) decided to pair the grey with yellow. 


And the finished project...




The yellow ended up being a little sheer so I think I am going to buy a yellow cami to go underneath. Also I didn't make the belt or sash that goes with the pattern. I am probably going to pair a wide belt with it, I was thinking black or grey. 

So there you have it folks, after much aggravation (lol) another successful project! I already have my next picked out, it's a pattern by Cynthia Rowley---I love it!

Happy Monday! I am praying this week flies by, I have an exciting weekend planned!

xo Mere

5 comments:

  1. You are so talented. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Janine---thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fabulous Mere! Congratulations. When will you be taking orders?! j/k, lol :) Can't wait to see what else you can do!

    <3, natasha

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Natasha--you are so sweet--thanks! Order away, I'm not promising perfection...but you know, I'd try :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog