Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Outfit and a Little Sephora Haul...

Hello!! Tuesday is over and we are on our way to the hump! I have lost my steam at work and lately every day is a battle. By 3:00 I am totally gassed and just want to go home. I'm not sure if it's because I have been in this position for 4 years now and I am bored or what the deal is but it's becoming exhausting. I need to find some way to motivate myself again. When I have a trip or a vacation on the horizon, it gives me a little extra to work towards but at this time, I really don't have anything to distract my mind, instead I find myself dreading January (read: busy season) when I should be celebrating the time I have now and the upcoming Holidays. I just wish I knew what the fix was.

Sorry to be a bummer but I could tell by some of the comments the other day that I am not alone. I remember when I first graduated college and stepped into the real world I had a really hard time adjusting and how I am feeling now is slightly reminiscent of that time. I don't know what I want in the long run and I think since I love to plan all aspects of my life, the uncertainty is killing me. I know it will all work out in the end, it always does. I just need to keep reminding myself of it.

I found this really great quote the other day on www.goodreads.com and its things like this I should remember, even if it is so simple...


  • Dr. Seuss
    "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."
    — Dr. Seuss (Oh, the Places You'll Go!)


So onto the outfit. (Sorry I kind of got off on a rant there):

I may have posted this outfit before but I couldn't find it and I didn't remember so what the heck, here it is again (possibly).




Skirt and Top: Banana Republic
Shoes: Steve Madden
Makeup: Navy in the crease, silver on the lid

For Halloween, I needed a makeup look that is dramatic and sexy with a hint of dark goth and I found it at Sephora. For those of you that don't know, Sephora has an awesome iPhone app that has how to's and get the look videos and right now there are tons of Halloween videos with corresponding makeup kits to buy. I wasn't planning to buy the kit because I have pretty much everything to do the look. I went to Sephora for eyelashes but the eyelash selection was so so and I really wanted dramatic lashes so I ended up buying this kit anyways even though I am not dressing as a vamp.


I bought this kit and I am almost out of mascara so I picked up a tube of that also. The eyelashes in the kit are major, I am so excited to try them. It also came with black eyeliner, a dark silver shadow, a red liner and a red gloss. I am super excited to do my makeup look on Halloween.


Here is a swatch of the lip liner with the gloss on top, the eye liner, and the shadow.

The silver is a nice color with a heavy shimmer. The red is pretty but I think for Halloween I am going to need something a little darker. I'll def sport the red sometime though--maybe a good thing to have for a Holiday party.

Anyone wearing any dramatic Halloween makeup this weekend??

xo Mere



5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your Halloween look! That vamp set is actually really pretty, that lipgloss looks great on your pretty skin!

    Good luck with your job decisions :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm madly in love with that outfit. Would you like to say exchange our bottom halves so I can wear cute pencil skirts too?? Thanks ;)

    I can't wait for more Halloween dress up fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just know that you aren't alone! Thank God tomorrow is wed =)
    This is my favorite outfit of yours! You look beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Heather---if I could share with you I would...I promise!

    @Noelle & Andi--thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mere,

    You're not alone... I've felt that way too many times. You'll find your "happy place". No worries :)

    <3, natasha

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog