Saturday, October 16, 2010

Loving: My Favorites...

I'm always trying new products, looking for something better, cheaper, etc but there are some products and brands that I keep returning to no matter what. I thought I would share my favorites with you all and maybe you will find that one great product you have been searching for.

Starting with makeup---

Favorite Foundation:

I usually don't wear foundation in the summer (or any warmer months) but when I do wear foundation, I am not a big fan of full coverage. This foundation is smooth and provides decent coverage. I am a fan of more of a natural look for foundation and this does that for me.

Favorite Tinted Moisturizer:


Tinted moisturizer is my go to product when it's warm and I received this as a sample in the Sephora VIB gift bag a few months ago. I really, really like this product. It goes on smooth without being oily. I definitely recommend.

Favorite Powder:
My favorite powder that I have been wearing for a while is Benefit's Hello Flawless. This powder has great coverage and can be applied with a brush for lighter coverage or a sponge applicator. When using a sponge, the coverage is excellent, the best I have had with using only powder.

Lately I have been using Too Faced Amazing Face and I have to say its coming in at a close, close second place. I ran out of powder when I was out of town and there was only Ulta and this Ulta didn't sell Benefit so I tried the Amazing Face and so far I have been really happy with it. Both of these powders are great for me and I use them interchangeably.

Favorite Eye Primer:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance works great for holding eyeshadow in place all day and goes on light. I used to be an avid Primer Potion fan but I have been using this one for a while now and I like the formula a little better and I find the staying powder of the eye shadow is the same as the Urban Decay product.

Favorite Blush:

I typically rotate between 3-5 blushes but my favorite color and formula is the Benefit Coralista. The tone of this blush works best for my skin town and looks natural. I really like Benefit products overall.

Favorite Mascara:

DiorShow Black Out mascara---I have raved about this time and time again. I have used it for over 4 years and I love it. (If you are looking for a cheaper alternative, Maybelline's Falsies is a great substitute).

Favorite Lipstick:

For lip color I tend to stay in the light pink/nude family. I have been wearing this, Maybelline Born With It color for a while now. I think it's the perfect blend of pink and nude for everyday. Most mornings I find myself grabbing this one.

Favorite Lip Product:

If you have never tried Carmex, I suggest as soon as you finish reading this to run to CVS or Walgreen and pick some up. At $0.99, this product is by far the best lip product out there. Carmex will heal severely chapped lips overnight and with winter on its way, many of you may be needing the extra healing power of this. I have used it since I was in middle school and would choose this product if I (for some odd reason) was only allowed to use one product for the rest of my days. Try it, you won't regret it.

Favorite Hair Product:
My hair was stick straight until I was about 24 and almost overnight, my hair became wavy. I really had no idea how to handle it (other than flat iron) until someone at Sephora recommended Fredric Fekkai Coiff Spray. I used it for a few years and fell in love with the ease and look of wearing my hair wavy. In the last year or so, I tried Wonder Waves from Garnier and I found that this product offers the same look as the Fekkai but for a fraction of the price. This gives me the "beachy waves" look that is oh so popular now. 

Favorite Face Wash:

I love this Foaming Makeup Removing Cleanser from Aveeno. It gets all of my eye makeup and mascara off in one shot and I have found this to not be over drying. I do have to admit though that I am lazy when it comes to washing my face. I hate washing my face over the sink, I hate how the water goes everywhere and runs down my arms so since I usually only wash my face in the shower, I have become a huge fan of these makeup removing wipes from Neutrogena for when I need to remover makeup before bed. I use these pretty much nightly before bed.


These are the products that I use religiously. For other products, such as shampoo and conditioner, I am pretty low maintenance and usually grab whichever. I have been using drugstore shampoo my whole life and have never had a problem so I stick with what I know. 

If any of you have any great recommendations for any of your favorite products, please do not hesitate to share. I'm always up for trying something new. I also encourage any of you other bloggers out there to do a post of your own and share your favorites too! 

I hope the weekend is going great for each and every one! I finished a sewing project today that I plan on photographing tomorrow to share with you all---I'm really pleased with how it came out. I really had a great day---sewing and three of my favorite chick movies, Julie & Julia, It's Complicated, and Valentine's Day! I am a huge Meryl Streep fan. Don't forget to share your faves!

xo Mere

5 comments:

  1. These are some great faves! I use the LM tinted moisturizer too and LOVE it! Also Dior Show is a staple!

    -Amanda
    (The Pretty Pauper)
    Feel free to follow me!
    prettypauperstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the Aveeno Foaming Makeup Removing Cleanser as well and I use it religiously!

    <3, natasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Does that Maybelline foundation change color on your face by the afternoon? I've had trouble with that in the past, I haven't tried this particular one though. I might try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Janine- I have not had problems with this color changing throughout the day. I used to wear the mousse rather than the liquid and it did give me a more orangey finish. I have used this for a while and no problems. Hopefully you love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wear the same foundation and LOVE it! Have you ever tried Nars blush? That's my fav. But it's a little pricey.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog