Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween Everyone!

Our Halloween plans have have changed a bit from what we originally were thinking. We had planned to go out tonight to our downtown bar area for a costume party/contest they were having and we bought all of our costumes for that. 

Then last night one of our friends had an impromptu Halloween party and after being up so late last night, I think we are just going to bag tonight's plans and go see my nieces and nephew all dressed up for trick or treating. 

Since I didn't want to wear my "good" costume last night and tonight, I threw together a cute cat look for last night and I guess I'll save my other costume for next year--saves me time looking for another look :-)


Outfit: Express cami, Old Navy tulip skirt, fishnet stockings, and Steve Madden Bonanza boots.

This makeup was so, so fun. I did a dark smokey eye with heavy liner and mascara. I used a hot pink eye shadow on the apples of my cheeks. For my lips, I used the Smashbox Doubletake Lip Color in Cranberry 


I took Urban Decay's Stardust shadow in Bobby Dazzle and dusted it on as a highlight on my T zone, even though in the pic it looks more like it's everywhere.


We had a really good time last night hanging out with good friends and even though I didn't get to wear my planned costume, there is always next year :-)

A couple of weeks ago I purchased Corioliss Classic Pro 1" Flat Iron and the Corioliss Wand Ceramic Curling Iron in 18mm from Ruelala.com. The flat iron is regularly $199 and the curling iron is regularly $99---I got them for $39 each. (If you aren't a member of Ruelala I highly recommend joining, click here for an invite).


I started playing with the curling iron today and it is so good. The curling iron heats up in 30 seconds and you leave the hair on there for literally five seconds and it's a perfect curl. It came with a glove to use to hold the hair on the wand since there isn't a clamp on the iron. I can't wait to use this for a night of going out. I am already in love. The flat iron is so far so good also.

Have any of you tried this curling iron? What do you think?

Have a Great Halloween!!
xo Mere

2 comments:

  1. Cute costume! Your makeup looks great!

    I've never used that curling iron, but I do have the same flat iron and I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I love the makeup!
    Hope you had a great night =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog