Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend Shenanigans...

Holy Wow. I cannot express the exhaustion I feel. I am in Vero Beach and after this weekend, I cannot wait to get to bed--thankfully my hotel is so cute, clean, and comfy!

Weekend Recap:

I flew in about 6:30 Friday night and the hubs picked me up. We went straight home and started getting ready for the shower right away. Hubs did the floors and helped me rearrange the furniture to allow for more chairs. Then I cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen and made the little M&M favors for the shower. Grabbed a bite to eat around 9:00 and crashed. I think my mind was racing about my to-do list because I was awake at 6:30am Saturday morning. I picked up my sister and ran to Target and Publix to get everything ready, thank God my mom came over early and helped decorate and prepare food. The shower was great. Everyone had fun, the cake was so adorable and the Sister-in-Law got lots of great things. Here is what I wore for the shower even though it's not a full body shot (yes I wore white after Labor Day--those rules don't apply in Florida lol).
White tube dress: GAP

And here are some random pics of the shower: 
Cake with a prego on top---so so cute. This was made by a friend of my moms
Guest of honor---check out the leggings on this little outfit!
Me with the Mama.

After the shower ended at about 6:00pm, I went out with an old friend from high school. She and I were really, really close in high school but because she was two years younger, we kind of drifted apart after I graduated. 

We went to a Japanese Steakhouse and then to a local bar with live music and darts. I wore a new dress from H&M that I posted here. I started the night in heels but after seeing everyone was a little more casual than I was, I switched to some sandals after dinner.
Dress: H&M
Necklace: Really old, no idea
Shoes: Diba from DSW
Sunset: Benefit of living in SWFL!

My night was so fun. I felt like no time had passed between us, I love when that happens. However I can not say the same thing for Sunday morning -- twas no bueno. I didn't drink all that much but all day Sunday I was super sick. I am thinking it has something to do with the Japanese food. I have never ever been that sick from a few cocktails. I am still feeling it today. I pretty much laid and bed and cried all day yesterday. I don’t know what it is, but I must have had a traumatizing throwing up experience as a kid because even to this day, I will do everything in my power to not throw up and if I do, I cry. I hate it. I was also upset because I am out of town again this week and that was my only day to spend with the hubs after being out of town last week too. I was so bummed. Luckily the hubs was awesome as ever and took really good care of me. Love him!

So to say the least, I am totally exhausted and feeling icky, especially after my four hour drive this morning. I am however looking forward to Fall TV that starts this week. For those of you that don’t know, I am addicted to TV. Here are all of the shows I’ll be Tivo-ing this Fall…
· Gossip Girl
· Glee
· 90210
· Biggest Loser
· Hell’s Kitchen
· Private Practice
· Grey’s Anatomy
· Project Runway

See---told you I have issues and I think I am forgetting a few…

What shows are you all looking forward to?? Any more I should add to my list??

Hope you all had a great weekend. Despite my Sunday feeling ick day, I really had a great weekend—a successful shower and good times with an old friend. Love it!

Have a great week! xo Mere

5 comments:

  1. Love your dresses, you look great! What hotel are you at in Vero? Gloria Estefan's there is one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The white dress is adorable and I'm laughing over that cake! lol...it is just too cute :).

    I too share your love for TV. I'm excited the Fall season has begun!

    <3, natasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. That grey dress looks great on you, too bad we don't have an H&M here in TX.
    My fall tv list includes Glee, The apprentice, Americas next top model and of course The housewives of Atlanta and Beverly Hills whenever they start back up!

    Lynnette
    http://turtle515.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Beautygirl--Thanks!

    @Andi--Im staying right off of the beach. Our client is on the beach but it's hard to justify an oceanfront room for a business trip lol.

    @Natasha--Thanks! I love that cake too (didn't hurt that is was delish)

    @Lynnette--Thanks! We don't have an H&M either but I have a client in Atlanta so I get to go three times a year.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog