Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Some updates...

I have kind of been off of the blog posting map lately so I thought I'd bring you up to speed with what has been going on...

Firstly I started my half marathon training last Monday and my foot is fine. There was a little pain on Monday of last week but I have been icing and resting and I'm fine---it works!! Yay! I am so excited at the possibilities of running a half marathon. Hopefully my excitement will still be there when I am half way through training and maybe feeling a little burned out.

Oh and I thought maybe one day I'll earn a shirt such as this (I thought this was too cute):

Lately I have felt that I need to start taking better care of my skin. I know I am not yet in the stage of my life where I am likely to get wrinkles soon, I just felt as though I really should start taking better care overall. In the last year I have been wearing sunscreen every day and that is a huge accomplishment but I felt I needed to do more. For about two weeks now I have been using Olay Age Defying Night Cream and Revitalizing Eye Gel. I really like these products. I like the consistency and the application is smooth. It's hard to tell if they are actually working (I guess I won't know for a while lol) but so far I am a fan. Oh and the eye gel will last forever. I use such a small amount and it seems like there is enough in there for a year!


I recently bought some tops on sale at Anthropologie, here is my little haul...
Pearly Glow Tank - currently sold out. 
This tank fits me really well but since it's more of a flowy top, I think I am going to have to belt it, maybe with a metallic skinny belt, in order to show some definition. Overall I really like it. The bow adds just enough of something interesting.
Of the three this is my favorite. It fits so well and I think it's really adorable. I am just a sucker for anything flowery, ruffly, or girly. Love it. It's on sale right now for $29.95.

This top also fits really well. Hopefully I'll wear it this week and I'll post an outfit blog to show it off. :-) I purchased this last week but it's even lower in price this week.

Lastly, I have been a fan of the Tiffany's Elsa Perreti initial collection but just didn't want to spend the money on it. Well a fellow blogger at The Look 4 Less posted about the Max and Chloe version for $20

I was sold. I didn't really like the look of the "m" so I got a "g" for my last name. I really like it. It looks interesting enough where if you didn't know it was a "g", it could just look like a curvy, abstract pendant. Love it!

Well I am SO glad today is Wednesday. The hubs, my bestie, and I are going on a little mini vacation over the weekend for labor day so I am excited to get away. We leave Friday after work! Yipee!

Do any of you have any totally exciting plans for Labor Day?!?

xo Mere

2 comments:

  1. I like the anthro shirts you got. I got the Torsade Tee for $10 and the Halcyon Halo necklace for $20.
    I use that eye gel too. I use it morn and night though so it doesn't last me too long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Janine--Thanks! Dont you just love getting deals from Anthro!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog