Monday, September 13, 2010

LORAC Palette and Night Out Outfit...

Saturday after returning from Tampa (John Mayer), I wanted to do something a little more special than the usual with the hubs. We have a couple hard weeks coming up with our work schedules and I just wanted to take advantage of this weekend. This week I am in Atlanta, next week Vero Beach returning the 24th, then the hubs heads to Dallas for five days on the 26th---needless to say, we needed some lovey time. We decided to head over to Melting Pot since we haven't been there in a while. I decided to wear my fave Michael Kors top and a cute pair of jeans.


I took these pictures as we were rushing out of the door so they aren't the best to show the outfit but hopefully you get the idea, right?
Top: Michael Kors
Jeans: Express
Shoes: DSW

While in Tampa, I stopped by Sephora and picked up a new palette from LORAC, a Private Affair. These colors are very pigmented and I am totally in love with the shades. The range from purple and wine to grays and taupes. The palette comes with a primer and a brush. 


flash
without flash

I did a wine and gray smokey eye for the Melting Pot. Like I said, these are very pigmented. You can sort of see how I barely touched the bare colors to get this look. 



I really think this palette is worth picking up. I like that it offers the ability to create a few different smokey eyes. I mainly used the second to last color and a dab of the last on in the crease but you could easily focus on more of a purple look or even more of a gray/taupe look as the third and fourth darkest are still quite dark.

On a side note, this creature (ICK!) jumped onto our window while we were driving downtown. He hung out most of the way home just like that leaving a slime trail on the window. I am petrified of frogs so I hauled butt out of the car when we were in the garage just in case he was hiding.


I hope this week goes fast. This weekend I am hosting a baby shower for my Sister-in-Law and my little baby niece (who isn't here yet and hopefully stays that way until I am done with the out of town jobs). I am super excited to host the party and I cannot wait for little baby girl (no name is decided yet) to arrive. I love holding eenie-weenie babies.

Happy Monday all! 

xo Mere

6 comments:

  1. Mere :: The Melting Pot is my favorite restaurant! Hope you had a blast spending quality time with the hubs.

    The MKors one-shoulder top is too cute! Where/when did you snag it? I have been looking for a similar one in cream and/or light pink.

    Natasha xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got that top of ideeli a couple month ago. I'd keep my eyes open though because a lot of things reappear for their Sale days. Thanks!!! and we did enjoy the MP. I had a LOVE Martini---you should totally try it next time--delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that top! It looks sexy, yet still chic ;) Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That MK top is gorgous!!! I WANT it!!! :)
    The palette looks great, I'll have to check that out for sure! The colors look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mere, what kind of jeans are those from Express? THey look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Andi---those are Express Barely Boot. They are my fave kind of jeans. You should def try them!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog