Saturday, August 14, 2010

What a week...

View from race today

Sorry I have been so absent this week but the motivation was definitely lacking for me. I had another 5k today with the bestie and I cut about thirty seconds off of my last time.

This race went better for me than the last one because I think I knew more of what to expect. I injured my foot after a run on Tuesday and was super bummed at the possibility of not being able to run. After much icing, resting, googling, and consulting with a more experienced runner, I determined that if it hurt at all I wouldn't run. Yesterday it felt good so I decided to go for it today. It's slightly sore now but I feel good about the run. I am actually planning to start my 10k training program this next week. Wish me luck---

The weather in Florida has been absolutely ridiculous with the heat. My outfits have been based about 85% on comfort and 15% on fashion -- I haven't really felt inspired. I am ready for some cooler weather and the clothes that accompany that.

I loved that Betsey Johnson was on Project Runway this week and was surfing through her site and found these. I love them---
How gorgeous!

I like this skirt from Banana Republic too but it's really similar to the tulip skirt I made here so I'll probably pass on this purchase but it's still worth mentioning :-)



I am planning on going out on the boat with my hubs, sister, and her bf tomorrow. I think the weather should be nice (read: no rain) but the heat index is forecasted to be 110* so needless to say I'll be floating a lot.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend---

xo Mere

6 comments:

  1. I love high waist skirts lately! Those pumps are adorable too!


    -Amanda
    (The Pretty Pauper)
    prettypauperstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoes and skirt are both SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gotta love the piles of sweat on our shirts :)

    I absolutely love the shoes and the skirt-and both in purple. Surprise, Surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purple is my favorite color! Love those pumps.

    <3,
    natasha @ twenty-something blog
    http://poshxoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovee the pumps ;-)

    http://julia-fister.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys! Purple is my fave color too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog