Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ramblings and Glamour's Top Products...

It is pouring rain and I am sitting in the office dying for a nap---I am not even that tired but the idea of sleeping with the pouring rain and thunder is so appealing---here is what it looks like out of my windows right now---
YUCK!

So I really don't have much to report so this is going to be a random post for sure...

Firstly, on Friday while I was in Tampa I went to the International Mall (I think that was the name) and there was a store called Fit2Run---it was total running bliss.

They had every piece of running gear you could ever want. I ended up getting two pairs of running shorts. After my last race, I wasn't too thrilled with the "wet my pants" look lol. They also had treadmills and video cameras set up to record how you run so you can get fitted for the perfect running shoe. Since I recently became an "injured" runner, I am in the market for some perfectly fitting shoes. My bestie and I are headed to Tampa September 10th for the John Mayer concert (YAY!) so hopefully I will be able to stop there while I am in town for a fitting.

Also while at the mall, I got the cutest pleated skirt at Zara. I should be wearing it soon so I'll be posting an Outfit of the Day post. When I went online to see if I could find a pic (which I couldn't) I notice that online shopping for Zara will be available on September 2nd. Yay for people like me without one in the area!

Not sure how many True Blood fans are out there but I totally love this Rolling Stones cover that came out last week---I think it looks totally awesome. Overall I don't think anyone on this cast is drop dead gorgeous but I am def a fan of Sookie and Bill together.

On Glamour.com, they have their 30 top beauty products and I def have to say I agree with a lot of their picks:

For the best drugstore moisturizer they have Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer spf 30. I use this and love it. It's just the right thickness and I find it works really well. I have even used it as sunscreen if I am just going to the pool for a bit.

Anyone that has been following me knows I love DiorShow mascara and Glamour agrees--this was voted best department store mascara. I prefer the DiorShow Blackout mascara to this one but I think they are both fabulous!


Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse was voted best drug store foundation. I used to use this often and I think it has great coverage. For the summer I have been using a tinted moisturizer but I think this foundation has great coverage. I also really like the Dream Liquid Foundation---both go on really smooth and provide decent coverage. I am surprised Revlon's ColorStay didn't get mentioned as I know a lot of beauty bloggers are gung-ho for it.


For the best non-drug store nail polish color Lincoln Park After Dark won and this color is amazing---no more needs to be said!

Lastly, the department store winner for blush was NARS Orgasm. This color is awesome and I know many others agree.

There are some other products and categories on this list that I haven't used but maybe should be trying for sure.

Ok only 3 hours of work left---yay! My half marathon training plan started yesterday and today is my first run in the plan and first run since my 5k (and injured foot) so wish me luck. I really want to run all of the races that I am signed up for so I pray it heals quickly. 

I hope everyone is having a good week!

xo Mere

5 comments:

  1. Dior Show has always been on my makeup list! LOVE that Opi Nail color.

    <3,
    natasha @ twenty-something blog
    http://poshxoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Opi color is great. The last time I went to the nail salon (months and moths ago) I picked that one and loved it. I think I need to add it to my personal collection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I love that OPI too and surprisingly it's not in my collection either! I'll have to get on that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what it looks like outside my window too. It's so depressing and makes me want to sit on the couch all day and watch mindless television...

    I hope you'll do a post on the John Mayer concert after you go - it's such a great show! He's excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey doll! Just wanted to let you know that I gave you an award on my blog! Congrats :)

    <3,
    natasha @ twenty-something blog
    http://poshxoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog