Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Do you really get what you pay for...

My story began about a year ago. I have had these peep toe simple black pumps from Antonio Melani that I have had since like 2006. Well about a year ago, they got wet in one of our typical summer downpours and the soul came up and would actually stick to my foot when I wore them. Well this drove me completely insane so I took some gorilla glue (strongest glue on planet earth) and applied it to the sole and glued down the lining. It dried a little bumpy and wonky but really I didn't care, you couldn't see it and I could barely feel it.

Fast forward to this week with my running foot injury I told you about here. I am out of town for work this week so Sunday night I pack my pumps and a pair of wedges for the entire week. Monday morning I arrive at my destination after a long drive, throw my flip flops in back seat and put the pumps on. OMG! The pain was excruciating. The lump of dried glue that was "no biggie" a year ago was now piercing the one part of my foot that is sore. Yesterday I had no option and spent the entire day sucking it up. 

Last night I ran over to DSW with a $10 coupon in hand looking for something similar to replace my shoes. I found these...
Brand: Rampage
Pretty right! That's was I was thinking last night, especially since their price tag was a mere $39 dollars not considering my coupon. I wore them a bit around the hotel and they felt fine. Fast forward to today at noon and holy hurting feet. There is a seam that is running along the edge that is scratching me and the toe box of the shoe is just uncomfortable. Boo!! 

I typically spending $75+ on work shoes, not because I seek that price but because that is usually the style or brand I prefer. So I ask you, when it comes to shoes, do you really get what you pay for?? 

I am probably going to have to cave and head to Dillard's tonight to see if I can find anything. If not, I'll be stuck with a dried glue blob stabbing pain or a the scrunched toe scratching pain---oh decisions! 

: : : sigh : : :

xo Mere

6 comments:

  1. I definitely think you get what you pay for. But sometimes there are cheaper brands that make comfy shoes. They are just hard to find. Never ever get payless heels....OWWWWW I have suffered from their torture before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh and I agree...you do get what you pay for. However, if we go by that philosophy do you have any idea how comfortable Louboutin's must be? I say we get on purchasing those asap :)

    Yesterday I wore a pair of grey peep toe shoes by Mia-I think purchased for around $50. Not only were my feet uncomfortable all day but they actually make an incredible amount of embarrassing noise. Currently looking for a replacement!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks! Hope you find a comfy pair of heels.

    Few years ago (maybe 4+) I bought peep toe heels from Sarah J. Parker's line, Bitten. I paid $8.99. I still wear them and they are sooo comfy. Probably one of the most comfortable heels I own. I can wear them all day and my feet will not hurt by end of the day. I think in many instances what you get is what you pay for is true, but definitely not always, as some of the cheap shoes I bought are actually really comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's my thoughts. If you're going to go cheap on shoes - do it in the flip flop, sandal, and flats catagories - not heels! I rarely have found cheap heels to be a good idea. I stick with BCBG and Guess for most of my work shoe needs and I'm never let down. I did spring for some Madden Girl (cheaper) shoes from DSW recently and they've worked out well so far (3 wears).

    Love,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  5. i ALWAYS buy those gel inserts by dr. scholls for my heels and they work wonders. I've had great luck with Jessica Simpson shoes and Michael Kors being very comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jennifer--Good to know. Note to self: No payless :-)

    @Heather--this calls for shopping for sure (what's new)

    @Lilly--I had a pair of Bitten I think I paid $10 and they were awesome. I forgot about those.

    @Becca--I think I should stick with that philosophy too. I haven't had many BCBG but I am a big Steve Madden fan.

    @Veronika--I have never used the gel inserts, I def think I should try it thought. Jessica Simpson's are really comfy and everything MK touches turns to gold so I can only imagine they are comfy :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog