Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Random Musing for a Tuesday Night...

So I have been in a little bit of a funk lately with my clothes and blog but I guess like anything else, we have off days. That being said, I thought this post could be all of my random thoughts and updates from lately...

Starting with my outfit of the day. I got the Florale flat from Steve Madden at 40% off of the sale price and my first initial thought was "Holy Cannoli---these things are painul!" After wearing them all day today, they broke in so well---not one blister. I was so surprised. I was even prepared with my Band-aid Blister Block and Band-aids and I didn't need either. Needless to say---I was pumped!


Tank: Banana Republic
Cardigan: Ann Taylor Loft, seen here
Skirt: Banana Republic
Flats: Steve Madden
Polish: OPI Shrek Collection Funky Dunkey (love this too!)

Speaking of Steve Madden, I got an email today for Glitter Shoes. (Wait, I must preface this by saying I love anything glittered, sequined, sparkley--I just have the personal boundaries to know that I can't always wear these kind of items). Ok back to the email---these platforms are so perfectly tacky--and I shamefully admit I love them. I wish they weren't so tall---they would be perfect for New Years but I think I'd be Green Giant with these on. I will keep these in my mind in case I need something for a drag queen costume though!


:::sigh::: I want them so bad!
(these also come in gold and black which are totally fab also)

Oh I almost forgot to tell you---I signed up for the Muddy Buddy. For those of you who are not familiar, the Muddy Buddy is a team running/biking race with obstacles and the final obstacle being for you and your buddy (team member) swimming through chest deep puddle of mud together. I know---from glitter platforms to mud but I am so weirdly excited. My bestie Heather and I are signed up as of today.

We had to come up with a team name and for a while we couldn't think of anything then we got it---the Green Beans. Wait wait---before you make fun---we are both accountants (bean counters) and both environmentally conscious (green!), I love it. I cracked up when Heather came up with it. We of course will make some awesome tanks to wear during the race. In reading about the race, we saw that people wear costumes and dress crazy so it can be fun! I can't wait---it's in November so I am sure you will be getting updated with my training progress. The only bike I have been on in year is a spinning bike (read no need to balance) so hopefully I pick it up again quickly.

Ok...let's see what else. Oh I am totally in LOVE with this song by B.O.B. - Airplanes. I love the tune, the sounds, and the lyrics are so good. Love it!


Well I am off to finish watching Hell's Kitchen. Tomorrow is the hump---can I get a woo-hoo!!

xo 
Mere

9 comments:

  1. Cute outfit, LOVE those flats!

    Airplanes song is awesome, so catchy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit - I love those shoes! And where did you get that skirt? Pretty pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lindsay--oops left that out. I got it at Banana last summer. Thanks so much

    @SimplyMe--thanks! I know, I have been singing that song for days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watch Hell's Kitchen too! It's one of my fave shows in the summer! Those flats are SO cute!

    -Amanda
    (The Pretty Pauper)
    Check out my blog and enter my giveaway!!!
    http://prettypauperstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE them shoes! And I love that song!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Amanda--I love this show too. I feel they cannot get their act together this season. I don't really have a fave though, you?

    @Tamara--glad to see I'm not the only one with a crazy shoe obsession!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have to do a 'race' recap and post pics when you do the MuddyBuddy!! I wanted to do it when I lived in Colorado but never fit it in my schedule!! Uber Jealous but have fun!!

    http://adventureinauburn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Terrieha--I will def post about the race. I am so excited. It's in November so I have a little while to wait :-( I'll def follow your blog. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog