Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Passion and a Winner!

I recently finished the Dear John book by Nicholas Sparks. I really liked the movie and I usually don't like to read books after I have seen the movie but I was in an Italian airport and the English book selection was limited. I really enjoyed the book as I did the movie. There was one quote in the early part of the book that stuck with me and I still keep thinking about randomly. It's about Passion.


"Passion is passion. It's the excitement between the tedious spaces, and it doesn't matter where it's directed...It can be coins or sports or politics or horses or music or faith...the saddest people I've ever met in life are the ones who don't care deeply about anything at all."
— Nicholas Sparks (Dear John)
My husband is someone I would consider very passionate---in every part of his life and I admire that. Just being around him has let me see how passion can make your life so fulfilling. I loved this quote and I find it to be so true---I just had to share. 
What is something that you are passionate about? For me, it's my husband and my family, of course, but also "me" time---giving myself time to be me and be ok with who I have become. I am passionate about being Earth-friendly, being creative, and standing up for myself.



This morning I did the random generator and we have a winner {ding ding ding ding!}

And the winner is....


Congrats Kelsey---you should be receiving an email from CSN Stores Soon. Thanks to everyone for entering and thanks for reading. I truly appreciate all of you and I love when you stop by and comment!

xo Mere

5 comments:

  1. Congrats to Kelsey! :)

    I'm passionate about writing but my job requires so much computer time and mental energy that I don't have the attention span to work on long pieces. Hence, I blog!

    That quote about the balance between passion and practicality is great ... so true. It's a difficult balance to strike and I know I haven't yet mastered it and lean more towards the practical and unfulfilling side of life. Must work on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post and I love the quotes!

    I'm passionate about a lot of things, especially my husband and our loved ones. I'm also passionate about keeping organized, being financially secure and aware, reading, recycling and more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jacki--I am with you. I am a big dreamer and there are many days at work I want to start my own business and it could be a bakery,craft store, doesn't matter. It's hard to practical when my mind is so crazy.

    @Tamara--Thanks! I too love to be organized--feels like I have a clearer head when things are organized.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave you a blog award, check it out at www.tamara-camera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I just got an email alert with your comment you left on my blog that I won. (Confusing much? lol) Sorry I never saw this- as I wrote on my blog, I have been crazy busy and have hardly been on blogger. I will look through my email to see if I got the code. I have so many unread messages... that's another thing I have yet to catch up on. Anyway, bottom line- thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog