Friday, July 2, 2010

Outfit for Friday!!!

It's Friday---and what's even more exciting than a Friday is a Friday before a holiday weekend!! I'm so excited---three days off!

Yesterday for the first time, my BF Heather and I did Zumba and I have to say it was so fun. For some odd reason, I was nervous about looking like an uncoordinated, gumby-esque individual. But once I was there and the music was playing, all of my nerves just melted away. The class was held in an ice skating rink (yep the ice was gone) and there was probably between 75 and 100 ladies were there with ages ranging from 12 - 75. It was so fun and it was nice to have a workout that made me sweat but I didn't feel like passing out afterwards. I have recently committed myself to a half marathon training program so I think adding this workout once a week will be a great way to mix it up.

Have any of you guys tried Zumba?? How did you like it?

Oh one more update--my bestie and I signed up for a half marathon in January that goes through this wooded trail area. It's called the River, Roots, and Ruts Half Marathon. I cannot wait. I am currently doing a 12-week half marathon training that will finish in the beginning of October so I am debating signing up for the Halloween Half Marathon in Miami. It sounds really fun as you can dress up while you run and there are prizes for the Fastest Villian, Fastest Superhero, etc. I think it will be good to do a half marathon right when the 12-week program ends. Yay! I am really ecstatic (as you can tell)!!

Onto the outfit. I bought this dress at Target about 3 months ago and it was a little snug then but since I have lost most of my Busy Season weight, it fits good so I thought I'd give it a whirl today.

Dress: Target
Belt: Banana Republic (I flipped the wrap the other way once I got to work so the end is pointing down, I think it looks better that way)
Shoes: Jessica Simpson
Earrings: Banana Republic
Makeup: Simple neutral look but I am wearing my Tarte Cheek Stain that I bought this weekend. I need more practice in applying it since I seem to apply too much at first every time then needing tons of blending.

Happy Friday all and I hope you are so so excited it's Friday and I hope you have a great day!! 

6 comments:

  1. Cute dress and love the belt! I have been doing Zumba for 2 years now and I LOVE it. It's SO much fun! Glad you liked it. Good luck with the marathon training, I wish I could run and enjoy it. :) Have a great weekend Mere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm training for a half too. Can't wait to hear how your training goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfit!

    I'm so excited that you tried Zumba!!! I do it 2x per week and love it, such a great workout and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kristina and Jacki---Thanks and I do love Zumba and I think I am going to become a regular. It feels more like a party than work! :-)

    @Meghan--I joined your blog, its so cute! I'll be interested in following you half journey also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy friday to you my dear! You look adorable. I love Jessica Simpson shoes. They are always on trend.

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I love the belt!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog