Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Outfit for the beginning of a short week!

Hello well I am so glad that this week is short and it's already Wednesday! Yippee!

Remember last week I posted this about a strawberry lemon trifle-ish dish---well I decided to make it on Sunday and it came out pretty good. I definitely have some tweaks that could make it better next time but this was a lemon mousse, strawberry, white chocolate mousse, strawberry layered yummy-ness.
lemon curd (I think it's called that)
melted white chocolate
started beating the whipping cream to add to the mousse
added the fluffy whipped cream to the white chocolate and lemon curd to make the two mousses
strawberries--they were perfectly sweet
all chopped up
start layering
all layered! Ta-da!

I would definitely recommend this recipe. The lemon mousse layer was pretty tart so I may cut the lemon juice down some. Let me know if you try this and how you like it.

Outfit:

I didn't have time for pictures before I left work and then I had zumba afterwards so I had to improvise and take some pictures in the elevator so they aren't the best quality but they will do. The hubs and I went to the Banana Factory store on Monday and the whole store was 50% off and then I got an email with a "mystery code" for additional percentage off. My mystery code was 35% off. I got a three-piece suit, two skirts, hubs two pairs of shorts, and a shirt and we had savings of $293!! Awesome!!

Here is one of the skirts I got.


 Skirt: Banana Republic
Top: Old Navy
Necklace: Small costume jewelry boutique in town
Shoes: Jessica Simpson

Don't forget to enter my giveaway for a $40 gift card---who can't use free money!!!

xo Mere


13 comments:

  1. Cute outfit...LOVE your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your heels! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Yes lemon curd, I love the stuff, it's good on toast, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that skirt and the way you have it styled. SO cute!

    And um, no more yummy food pictures while I'm at work, k?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Simply Me and JCHokie--Thanks so much!

    @Cafe Bellini--This was my first time making Lemon Curd and I love it. I'll def have to try the toast! Thanks for the idea.

    @Kelsey--Thanks but I can't make any promises ;-) I just love food too much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so so yummy and I love your cute skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That recipe looks delish!! I am a sucker for anything lemony so I am going to have to try this one out soon.

    That skirt looks great on you and what great deals you got!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have been looking for those darn JS nude pumps everywhere and they are sold out! I went to dsw this weekend and they had one pair left...they were on size too small...ack! let me know if you find them anywhere.

    ps- love the gray skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Leah!

    @Debye--You should definitely try it. I think if you read the reviews, people offer tip on perfecting this recipe and making it even better---if that is possible. ;-)

    @Veronika--I will definitely keep my eyes opened for you. I got these about 9-10 months ago so hopefully I come across some soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Iva--Thanks so much! I love them!

    @Cafe Bellini--Thanks so much---I'm heading over there now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ack, lucky with the mystery code! The BF and I went to the BR-let this past weekend too - heck I thought just the 50% off was a deal!

    Great skirt - great blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog