Monday, July 26, 2010

Lucky!

Do you ever stop and look around to realize that you are one of the luckiest people in the world? I had an ah-ha moment like such yesterday. Overall, Sunday was pretty uneventful and consisted of breakfast, gym, and scrapbooking. Hubs decided around four o'clock that we should make a “fancy” meal for dinner and volunteered to go to the store since I was knee deep in paper and glue. We made Chicken Saltimbocca and Risotto (both excellent and both from Giada). This is probably the best meal we make, my favorite for sure. Hubs was in charge of the Chicken, me the Risotto. We also had Caesar Salad. While we cooked, we each had a drink in hand, listening to music and dancing in the kitchen. Fitz even got in on the action and started jumping around. Cooking was actually more fun than eating.
After we cooked, we sat on the balcony to enjoy the feast. It was a cloudy night so it wasn’t scorching hot. Since the sky was pretty cloudy, the sunset created a pink glow over the clouds that cause the most amazing colored sunset--another reason to love living on the west coast (of Florida). As we were finished eating, I was staring off the balcony and I actually started to cry. I have an amazing husband that will not only go to the grocery store for food but will cook part of the meal and have fun while doing it. I live in an amazing place and I have the best Boston Terrier ever (sorry if you have one too, but he is!) I have awesome family and friends that support me in all I do. Sometimes it just hits me, how much I have. It’s the small things that matter----not your job or how much money is in the bank. Lucky! That is the word of the day!

Here are some pics of just a few of the special people in my life...
My favorite picture of my husband.

My sister, Mom, and I in 2008

My bestie Heather & I 2009

8 comments:

  1. Awww what a happy post and more proof that you are my inspiration :) I'm glad you had a happy day--hold on to those when we are dealing with the red devil! And I definitely want those recipes when my darn exams are done :)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post Mere!

    Natasha xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love moments like that where everything is perfect! I live for those days!

    -Amanda
    (The Pretty Pauper)
    Check out my blog and enter my giveaway!!!
    http://prettypauperstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww!! You seem so sweet!! I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe. That is so cute! I am glad you had a moment like that. I love it when everything hits you and you have a humbling moment.

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great evening! Loved your pictures here too, you guys are so cute!

    Luvs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post! A reminder that we all should stop and remember the little things in life and the people that really make life so great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see some of you love these moments too! Thanks for reading and commenting! You guys are something I am grateful for to :-) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog