Saturday, July 3, 2010

Housekeeping! and a Blog Award!

As I laid in bed this morning, I realized I had a bit of housekeeping to take care of. Jennifer over at Books, Recipes, and Life oh my! has been sweet enough to give me a versatile blogger award. Check out her super cute blog full of awesome recipes and great book reviews!


The rules for this award are to say seven random things about myself so here it goes:

1. I hate things that require appointments---not merely for the fact that they require the appointments but it's just coincidence that similar things I hate require appts. i.e. I hate getting my hair cut because I have so much hair and I feel like a burden to the stylist (weird I know). And I despise going to the dentist because...well...no good reason here except I have serious anxiety over it---pit in my stomach, sweaty hands, the works!

2. I love, and have always loved, sugary chewy kid snacks, such as fruit roll-ups or gushers. If I buy a box, I can easily eat 2-3 packs a day. They are so yummy!

3. I hate cleaning the floors. I am such a perfectionist and if I can't get something 100% I'd rather not do it at all because it is so frustrating to me. Thankfully my husband doesn't mind. I seriously think in the three years I have lived in this condo, I have probably cleaned the floors ten times. ::hangs head in shame::

4. I totally missed the boat on the Target Cynthia Vincent wedges and now I am kicking myself  because I couldn't stop thinking about them and now I have purchased them on eBay for more than they were in the store. I even tried them on at Target thinking I'd get them later and now they are totally sold out---ahh kicking myself!

5. I am so blessed to have the most awesome condo ever. I have lived here in Sept 2007. It is a condo that overlooks the river and downtown lights---ahhh love it! Our lease is up at the end of the year and I really hope we are able to renew!

6. I still tan---after years of reading and hearing how bad the sun is and skin cancer I still lay by the pool or out on the boat week after week. I can't help it. I think it's an addiction. I wear 50 spf on my face and I don't get sunburned as much as I did when I was a teen but I still love the look of being tan. I am going to try (again remember # 1) to make an appt to the derm this summer for the first time ever just to make sure everything is A-Ok. Oh and I HATE the look of self tanners on me so no I do not venture to this side of the spectrum.

7. I feel I am more creative than the job I have and probably 2-3 times a week I day dream about having a more creative outlet through a career---some of my frequent thoughts are a bakery (similar to the one in It's Complicated) or a craft store of sorts and if I were ever good enough, some kind of fashion/sewing something. 

That's it peeps----these are seven totally random thoughts about me and because it's funny---here is a pick of me and my brother, oh about 25 years ago. This is my favorite picture ever and look---I was even tan as a kid! :-)




Happy Saturday and hopefully happy day one of three off for you too!! xoxo

Make sure you check back on Tuesday and I will be announcing a new giveaway!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about getting my hair done! I feel so bad when she has to blow it out because of how much hair I have. It looks exhausting!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog