Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Dog Days of Summer...

I would like to start this off by saying that it is so unbelievably hot here. I know I live in Florida but this weather, this summer, we have had record highs and heat indices around 105*! Seriously! It's so ridiculous. The last thing I want to do it put on work clothes and head off to work. I would much rather slip on my bathing suit and float in the pool all day. Or simply stay inside watching tv would do, I'm not picky. With that being said, as I was leaving this morning I notice Fitzgerald up on top of the laundry pile (don't judge, we hate folding clothes and are grateful we have a guest bed to hold the clean clothes until we get around to it). He had already been pulled from the bed. I don't know about other dogs, but Fitz stays in bed until the husband brings the leash to the bed, puts the leash on a drowsy sleeping dog (looking something like this...)
and literally drags him to the elevator. Then after the walk, he is up for about 10 minutes before moving to the guest bed to go back to bed. Even when I am walking out the door, saying my goodbyes, all I get is an eyeroll. More likely than not for disturbing him---not because I am actually leaving him alone for the day. Then I was thinking---what life dogs have. He doesn't do anything to contribute to the household---no picking up of his toys and rawhides that he insists on dragging to the ends of the earth every day, nothing--but yet he sleeps whenever he wants and eat like a king. And because he is so demanding---he gets attention whenever he can squeeze his bum into the space between my husband and I. Oh the life----I hope I come back as a dog in my second life--especially mine!

With that being said, here is the lightest outfit I could muster to brave the heat today...





Skirt: Express, seen here and here
Tank: Old Navy
Cardigan: Ann Taylor Loft
Shoes: JS by Jessica Simpson, seen here and here
Makeep: Eyes are a gold and copper look with Coral lipstick

In other news I am off to an eye exam after work to see if my eye have worsened and to try for contacts. I am nervous to try them but I am tired of not being able to see all of the time. We will see how it goes. Hopefully my eyes haven't worsened so I don't have to get new lenses also. Happy Hump Everyone!

xo Mere

5 comments:

  1. Love the summery, soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mere, I love that shot of Fitzgerald, lol. Too cute. Oh, and I have that cardigan in black! :)

    <3
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I knew you lived in FL? I may be a tard for not having noticed that before. I'm a Florida girl as well and it's true, this summer has been redic hot.

    Cute outfits as always.

    B

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog