Saturday, July 24, 2010

Chop Chop and Nordies Haul!

First things, first----I finally got my hair cut this morning. As I mentioned here, I hate getting my hair cut because I have so much of it and I kind of feel bad. A friend of mine from high school is a hair dresser in town and I went there in January and liked how she did so I went again. My hair was really long and I knew I wanted it a little shorter than I normally get but yikes! It's pretty short for me. I really don't mind it though since my hair grows like a weed but I think I always overshoot on how short I want it. Overall,  I love the cut and it will be nice to wear a normal ponytail while working out rather than piling all of my hair on top of my head. For those of you that forgot, here is how long it was before...
And here it is right after...




So you'll have to let me know what you think. I am of course not used to it yet but like I said, I am not one of those people that is emotionally attached to my hair---I think mostly because it grows so fast---so either way, come Fall, it will be long again. 

On to my wonderful Nordstrom package that was delivered yesterday. I got my stuff from the Anniversary Sale and I love everything. That hardly ever happens. Here is my haul...



First up we have the Hinge Crop Tweed Jacket. I love this. I think I can definitely wear this out as a way to dress up jeans or with a pencil skirt for work. Love everything about this from the fit to the fabric. Love!




This jacket is way out of my comfort zone but I can't help but love it too. It's collar is a stiffer material and the ruffles are so full. The is the Hinge Victoriana Ruffle Coat --- unfortunately it's out of stock now. At first I didn't think this would be super versatile but I know I could wear it to work and Nords style the model with leggings and a tunic T underneath.

 I think both way are great!

I'm definitely a sucker for an embellished T and this one from Caslon did not disappoint. Love!


Some other things I got...


Watch for hubs---he likes it. I wanted to wait until a holiday to give it to him but if he didn't like it, the return date would have already passed so he got it now.



Of course I could have purchased way more but I didn't want to break the bank and I really love everything I got. I had a great day today hanging out with my mom and visiting my Grandfather. We also did some crafting but it started raining so I couldn't finish spray painting but maybe I'll be able to share soon. I hope your Sunday is great and goes by so so   s l o w. . . that way Monday doesn't come as quick. 

Thanks for stopping by...
xo Mere 

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE the new haircut. I think that length looks really great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ruffle coat is my FAVORITE! What a great find.

    Natasha @ twenty-something blog
    http://poshxoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks great! I just love the Nordies Anniversary sale. I seriously look forward to it every year! I snagged some cute items too! I really like that first jacket! I may have to go back and try this one on!

    -Amanda
    (The Pretty Pauper)
    Check out my blog and enter my giveaway!!!
    http://prettypauperstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Britt--thanks so much. Nice to hear reinforcement that I didn't make a bad decision chopping it all.

    @Natasha--hopefully they will restock before the sale is over, I love it too!

    @Amanda--Thanks and you should try this on---it's so cute and comfy too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your hair with the new cut/length, it looks so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, awesome haul! love the ruffle jacket and that watch. You'll probably get SO much use out of those two items!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that watch! Great pics!!! xoxo

    www.andeelayne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog