Friday, July 9, 2010

Big Big News and an Outfit!

Ok those this news may not be a BIG for you, but for me this is huge!!

It all started when I saw the commercials for Maybelline's new The Falsies Mascara. The commercial boasts that people will believe you have false eyelashes on with this mascara on. I searched high and low (and by high I mean Walgreens and low I mean CVS) and it was no where to be found. I just assumed it wasn't released yet. More on this later...

Last night I remembered that I needed some foundation. I normally wear Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse but I   wasn't sure of the shade and I really wanted to try something lighter. I picked up Stila's Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer in Shade 02. I used it today for the first time and I have to say I am pleased. I think I'll save the foundation for times when my skin is less than desirable. The tinted moisturizer is great for a lighter wearing makeup, especially in this insane heat!

Then I of course had to wonder over the nail polish section and I saw the Shrek collection. I wanted them all---they were so cool and crazy. I figured I wouldn't necessarily wear the green or yellow of the collection but I did get the purple, Funky Dunkey, (everyone please gasps in sheer amazement that I purchased a purple polish) and the baby blue, What's with the Cattitude?. I hope to swatch these this weekend!!

Back to the falsies...last night I coincidently got a comment on my look from yesterday that mentioned my mascara and wanted to know what kind. I of course commented back raving about my love affair with DiorShow Blackout without even considering the Maybelline Falsies to be in the running. I told her how I have tried others but nothing even compared. Well today, my friends, things are changing. Maybelline's The Falsies are a force to be reckoned. I worked out last night but wanted to try out the mascara so I took off my makeup and did one eye with the Falsie and one with Dior. They were practically even!! I was super excited as I did my makeup this morning. I love fat, full lashes so I of course did two coats but I did photograph one coat to show you.

One coat
After the one coat, I of course added one more and here is the end result...





LOVE IT!!!!
(my only disclaimer is that if you do not have a passionate love affair with DiorShow Blackout, you may not be so smitten with this little lovely but please consider!)

On to the outfit...I have exercised for the last five days (running, elliptical, weights, and two zumbas) and I just need to say that I am sore. I was not at all interested in heels or being dressed up. I was craving something comfy as I had to roll out of bed being that I couldn't sit up due to sore abs, lol. 
   



Skirt: Express
Tank: Banana Republic
Cardigan: Ann Taylor Loft
Flats: Gap

And in case any of you were not aware---it's FRIDAY! I have no overly stimulating plans this weekend but I do plan on doing some pool time and seeing a movie with my peep. Any exciting plans???

Have a great day--

xo Mere

8 comments:

  1. Your lashes look great! And you have very pretty eyes.
    LOVE LOVE those shoes, I want them lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely check out that mascara as I have a love affair with Diorshow as well! And I love your flats, they are adorable! Good job on sticking to a work out routine for five days now, I usually only last one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will pick up that mascara today because I'm headed to Ulta. Also, your outfit is adorable. I love those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to try that mascara - I am on the eternal hunt for a good one and have tried brands high and low. The closest thing I've like so far has been the good ole reliable Great Lash - these Falsies may be the good upgrade!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you all love the mascara---just leave enough for me---I want to stock up lol. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look adorable!
    Now I have to check out the Falsies too, thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Picked it up today! Mentioned you in my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to comment about the gap flats - they are just too adorable! Perfect for work too. BTW, I am a HUGE fan of DiorShow Blackout as well... can't get enough of it!

    Natasha xoxo
    http://poshxoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog