Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Outfit and an Etsy Purchase!

Can I just say that after 28 years of life and 13 years of working, one would think that I would be used to the idea and the act of work---so why my friends, do I fight it every single day! I just do not understand. Every night I enjoy my time with the husband, watching television or reading my books and it’s so pleasant that I avoid falling asleep because I know what is happening next—work!

So falling asleep around eleven, which used to be ten but now since I have the iPad, I lay there surfing or reading for at least an hour after hubs is out. Fast forward a couple hours to 6:30am---alarm is singing sweet nothings in my ear but I can’t get up. After all, who is excited for work and how can I leave my little puppy that is snuggled up to me so nicely. It’s so cozy and warm. Alarm again---after the snooze button gets some love another three to four times, I finally grumble into the shower.

This sequence of events has become the norm. I used to be up at the first alarm and getting ready before the hubs---now he is fully dressed enjoying his cup of joe before I even reluctantly pull myself from the beddie-bye. So when my dear friends will I be used to this idea of work. I am starting to think that it’s never going to come. I fear that for the next thirty to forty years I am going to be grumbling to the shower every morning.  Am I alone here?? Do any of you spring from the bed like a kid on Christmas?? If so, what’s your secret---please share!

Ok--Done with the Rant and on to the outfit----this is the skirt I got at Banana Republic this weekend for a steal! I love how it fits, it was so comfy! My only complaint is that the pockets flare a bit so I think I may sew them shut.


Skirt: Banana Republic
Top: Old Navy
Necklace: Charlotte Russe

This necklace was ordered from The Zen Muse---it's a lotus flower with a little plate that says Breathe. I really like this not only because of the way it looks but also because of what the lotus flower represents. The lotus flower starts as a small flower down at the bottom of a pond in the mud. It grows up to the top of the waters' surface continually moving towards the light. Once it come to the surface of the water the lotus flower begins to blossom and turn into a beautiful flower. Within Hinduism and Buddhism the lotus flower has become a symbol for awakening to the spiritual reality of life. In modern times, the lotus flower represents life in general. What great meaning to be reminded of every time I wear a necklace.




I was very impressed with the seller and their other products. Sometimes I feel there are so many great Etsy sellers that aren't heard of so if you have a favorite, please share!

Hump Day is practically here---can I get a Ya-hoo!! :-)

15 comments:

  1. It's sheer torture for me to get up for work, as well. I don't really know of anyone who is excited about the idea, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I really like my job - I hate getting up, every morning it's worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree...going to work is awful right now. But on the positive side I love your outfit. And your Etsy necklace :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that necklace!!!!! Love love love.

    As far as waking up - I'm not any help because I adore waking up really early. Something about it still being dark outside and having time to myself with nothing to do but work out, drink coffee, and think. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sooooo feel you on the work thing. I've been working since high school, but still wake up every day fighting against that inevitable trek to the office and long day spent at a computer. :(

    Great outfit, though - crisp and stylish!

    Love the lotus necklace. I love lotuses in general, not only because they're pretty but for the back-story, so to speak. My dude wants to get a lotus tattoo at some point as he's had to be a lotus, himself, and really embraces the symbolism. I settled for a gold lotus necklace from Dogeared which I happen to be wearing today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man I am so glad I'm not the only one... but you're doing way better than me... I've pushed my bedtime which used to be ten or 10:30 to 12:00 or 12:30.... I hate getting up for work, I hate leaving the house and my puppy, and knowing that there are a million things that need to be done at home and work is just taking me from those.... I'm glad I'm starting medical school soon, and hopefully once I start my career as a doctor I'll at least like work a little more!

    Love the lotus necklace... gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same thing happens to me, every-single-morning...and I get up after hitting the snooze button 2-3 times. Before I make it out of bed I usually say out loud like a little kid 'I don't wanna go to work'. lol
    I used to get up at 6am but with my new job I don't have to get up til 7:30am. I thought I would be a piece of cake to get up since I get an extra hour and half of sleep...well not so much.
    The only solution to my problem is winning the lottery and not having to work ever again. But chances of that happening are...well not looking so good since I don't play lotto.

    Btw, love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely necklace! I love the little lotus flower on it!

    Rachael

    p.s. Be sure to enter in my giveaway when you get the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your outfit! So cute and I am totally digging that necklace!!

    Come check out my first giveaway!!!

    Luvs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everyone---I am so glad that I am not the only one. Well except for you Abri---you seem to be the exception ;-)

    Thanks for all of the comments and thanks for stopping by :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loooove that outfit on you! Too cute. Nicely done.

    I want me books to show up like yours! Jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am the same way about work. I dread waking up every morning! I'm still counting on coming in to millions one day so I can quit this nonsense, ha!

    PS That skirt looks fabulous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love both! The outfit is so chic!

    I have a little something for you over on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Jennifer! I'm so flattered!

    Thanks Kristyb---I'm so glad you found me, your blog is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog