Thursday, June 24, 2010

New Loving: Recent Purchases

On my recent trip, I picked up a few miscellaneous items that so far I love love love!

There was a beauty/cosmetic store on the ship and I was there as soon as I could just to see if things were different or if prices were better. There was a decent selection and I ended up finding a product I haven't seen at Sephora in a long, long time. As you all know, I am a big fan of wave spray. I have used Bumble & Bumble's Surf Spray, Fredric Fekkai's Coiff, and more recently Garnier Wonder Waves. All of these products work wonderfully with the Garnier being my current fave.

Well about four years ago my hair was just starting to become wavy (all of my life I had always had stick straight hair) and I didn't really know what to do with it. While I was living in Atlanta on one of my Saturday shopping trips to Lenox in Buckhead, I stumbled across Fredric Fekkai Marine Beach Wave Spray at Sephora.

I immediately fell in love after using it. My hair was less wavy than it is now and it worked great for me then. I only used this product for a little while, until I couldn't find it any longer. Until now, I found this spray in the cruise ship shop!! (hehe). Don't get me wrong, I still love the other sprays mentioned above but this spray works great and the scent brought back some pretty awesome memories. If you are a wave sprayer like me and come across this, give it a try---I'm sure it won't disappoint!

Next product I tried was Smashbox Lip Enhancing Lip Gloss in Afterglow.

I liked the look of the color and gave it a try. It is described as a sheer peachy pink sheen -- I really like this gloss as it goes on smooth and isn't overly sticky. I do wish it were a little more opaque but with a nude lip, the color shows pretty well.

Here is a pic of me wearing it on the cruise. I used concealer to cancel out the natural hue of my lips and wore Sephora lip stick in impertinent nude 24 under it. This worked really well in allowing the true color of the gloss to come through.
(don't mind the white face--this is what happens when you wear 50 on the face and 15 on the body lol)

My last purchase of the cruise was a sterling silver bracelet bought in Greece.


I saw this design on many items in Greece and was really drawn to it on a bracelet. After speaking with multiple jewelry shop owners, I learned that this design means infinity and eternal life and the turquoise stones represent good luck. I thought this bracelet was so pretty and with it representing good luck eternally, I had to have it. It took me a while to find one that was the perfect width and stone size for me; I am very happy with my choice. This bracelet isn't something I would normally purchase but I think it is an awesome memory from my trip --- and it's always nice to have a little luck, right?

Happy Thursday--I hope all of you are enjoying the first week of summer!

xo Mere

3 comments:

  1. Fun purchases! It's always so exciting to find a product you loved!
    Love the bracelet too. Do you have any vacation pics for us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I did't know you were into wave sprays! I have wavy/curly hair, it depends on the day. Could you do a post on your wavy products?

    The bracelet is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Andi--Thanks so much and I am almost done editing some pics from the trip. Up by Monday I promise :-)

    @Alicia--Thanks so much. I have posted a blog about air drying one time here but I'll def try to remember to do a full one sometime soon. xo

    http://beancounteridlechatter.blogspot.com/2010/05/makeup-hair-and-happy-friday.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog