Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

It’s official—I’m 28.

Today is my birthday and I am 28 years old.

I’m totally okay with it. I know that some of you out there are saying oh what a baby and then there are others out there (my sister lol) saying oh that’s old. Wherever you may be amongst these groups, I welcome you.

In this last year, I have-
  • become a blogger
  • graduated with my Master’s degree
  • been to the Bahamas, the Grand Caymans, Colorado, and recently Italy, Turkey, and Greece
  • learned to make Crème Brule and Croissants therefore crossing off two items on my Bucket List
  • learned how to surround myself with people that lift me up, not bring me down
  • consistently worn sunscreen everyday for the first time ever in my life
  • learned to sew items that can be confidently worn (and by this I mean having no backup garment in the car)
  • learned to make the perfect pomegranate martini
  • become a runner (and have the fallen off toe nails to prove it) :-(
  • been to a high school reunion
  • become a little bit wiser
I hope this next year brings me fun, luck, and wonderful experiences. I have to say that people I talked to in the past were so right---getting older has really been an awesome experience for me. I feel with growing older comes a feeling of who you are and I really feel content with myself and confident in who I have become. So my younger friends out there---embrace getting older---we are like fine wine!

14 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! And what an impressive list - that's a lot you've accomplished in just a year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! It sounds like you had an amazing year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Wow you've accomplished so much this past year. Hope this year is great for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much for the Birthday wishes! I'm glad to be back and back to blogging---already have one ready for tomorrow! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great day and have a wonderful upcoming year.

    But I am cursing you now for making me crave cake... grrr

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! I love the list you made, I think it's a great way to take a look at the past year. You have had a great year, and I can't wait for you to KEEP BLOGGING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelsey--Thanks and if it makes you feel better, I didn't have any cake either.lol

    Abri--Thanks so much for the sweet comments--I'm back and blogging for sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! Hope this year brings you much happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think your old!! hehe love you birthday gal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My birthday was Tuesday also!
    Except I turned 36 :(

    PS...I found your blog through thenest.com F&B board.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday to you too Lena! Hope you had an awesome day! Thanks for following me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog