Wednesday, June 23, 2010

European Fashions!

I'm back and glad to be back. I haven't even began to rifle through the pictures we took so I thought I'd start off my vacation blogging with the fashions I saw in Europe! While most of these fashions are in the U.S already, I felt they were everywhere I turned---way more prevalent than in my area at least.

Starting with my fave---floral full skirts:

This was most common in Rome. Full floral skirts were paired with fitted tanks and tees and flat sandals for the cutest, most adorable casual look. Once I arrived in Greece, I was on the hunt and found my skirt of choice at the H&M (I know, not so original, but I wasn't too keen on the boutique prices). It's a black floral print with hints of pink, white and yellow. It has a high waist and I must say I am in love! I think this may be something I can make to---skirt seem to be the most simple to sew (for me at least) Here is a poorly colored pic of the one I purchased--

Some options I think this is perfect for summertime.






Braids:

Everywhere! On the crown, as a headband, french, to the side, half up braid, even more. I know the braid is big here but I had to mention it because it was so prevalent overseas. I know I did this blog post about braids but I may do another to show all of the different ways I saw. Let me know if you are interested...

Gladiator sandals---but even better:

I know some of you are cringing---gladiators, really Meredith, we have those--but let me tell you. I saw this style tons and I love them. I am and always have been a gladiator sandal fan so it's not really a surprise that I love this style also. I am planning to purchase some of these asap. There were a few pairs in Athens that I could have purchased but they were pretty pricey plus the exchange rate added more and I figured I'd find some for sure in the US (and I was right). Maybe these are everywhere in the US, I just have not seen too much where I am but I love them!!!
These are all by ZiGiny




These are both Report:




I know they are quirky and probably don't appeal to everyone but count me in!!

Keds (or the like):

Overall the 80's were in full swing in Europe---Ray Ban Wayfarers, Shirts tied in a side knot, side ponytails, and Keds! I was really surprise how many people were wearing Keds like shoes. I didn't necessarily see the Keds brand but I didn't know how else to explain these.

Well kids---I think that is all I have to add. I am going to start through pics from the trip and putting a blog together so hopefully pics soon. Today is my bday and since we have been living like rock stars for a bit and plus I seemed to have picked up a cold virus as a souvenir, the hubs is making me homemade potato soup for dinner. xoxo Mere

8 comments:

  1. I actually have a floral skirt that I wore the other day in the same way you mentioned and I also bought keds for the same reason...a summery shoe when I don't want to wear my sandals. But I just imagine that its because I grew up when all this was out in the 80s/90s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so weird, on another blog I just read about jelly shoes coming back into fashion and now Keds - I used to wear these when I was 7 as well and they always gave me blisters! I love floral skirts - esp that pink-peachy one from Fred F.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love Keds and i must say, i'm digging them again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit. I am all about the floral skirt and fitted tank/tee trend this summer also.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jennifer--Thanks for the comment---don't you just love the comfort of these skirts.

    @Cafe Bellini--I'm with you on the blisters from the jellies--eek.

    @Helena--The Keds are taking me a little bit of getting used to again. I think its all of the bulk I've been seeing with platforms, wedges, and booties---just different. I'm sure I'll come around ;-)

    @Kelsey--Thanks so much. Can't wait to see some pics of cute outfits as always ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Even though I am a day late...hope it was FABULOUS! LOVE this post, especially because I am going to Europe in September and this really helps me as far as what to pack! Looks like I need to go shopping... :) And yes a "braid" post would be SO helpful. I want to learn how to do the front side braid but it looks french? Does that make sense? When I try to do it I look dumb.... :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Kristina--Thanks so much! I hope you enjoy your upcoming trip, so exciting. I'll def do the braid blog. And I doubt you look dumb :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so fun to see international trends! Oh how fun. They are pretty similar to what is going on in the states. Beautiful stuff.

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog