Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Tassel is Worth the Hassle!

Woo-hoo!!


...being ever so incredibly weird! I think I was saying Yay! LOL

It's finally done! I am a Master's Graduate. Today was a pretty awesome day and while commencement ceremonies are not that exciting to sit through, they represent all of the hard work all of the graduates endured. It was awesome to have all of my family there supporting me---thanks guys!!

And without further ado, the outfit that was unfortunately hidden under that weird gown ;-)...

Dress: H&M
Shoes: My fave Banana Republic wedges
Makeup: I did a light neutral eye


Nails: Essie Chinchilly
Ring: Banana Republic

So my totally awesome husband (and his lovely mama) got me an iPad for a graduation gift. I must say---I'm in love!! It's the coolest thing ever. I have even started reading "The Carrie Diaries" on it 

(it is Carrie Bradshaw prior to SATC). I'm getting geared up for the movie at the end of the month!! Thanks hubs and MIL for the gift---it's more than awesome! 

I have to thank my husband for all of the endless pep talks. I sometimes get easily discouraged and I honestly do not think I'd be as far as I am today without him. Thanks babe----I truly appreciate and love all that you do for me!

Shout out thanks to my parents and family for all of their support---thanks!

And here we are, another Sunday night. Hopefully this week is totally awesome. I have three reports that are just dragging and not going out so hopefully these will get done this week. Here wishing you an easy peasy week ahead!! xo

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! The H&M dress is adorable! Just discovered your blog, and I love it, I'll definitely be following!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great! Congratulations Mere! So happy for you, congratulations! And yes, your outfit was rocking under that gown :)

    Can't wait to hear how the Carrie Diaries is! And yay for the Ipad, very thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Mere!! I hope you got to take that outfit out to celebrate once the gown was no longer hiding it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mrs.D--thanks so much! Glad you are my 60th follower yay!

    @Andi--thanks so much. I'll keep you posted on the book--so far it's a cute read.

    @Jacki--Thank you we went out to a delish Cuban restaurant so at least I got to sport the dress a little bit. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay. You finally got to wear the dress! It's even cuter then I remembered! I decided that when I grow up I want to be just like Mere :) I'm glad u had a great day! Oh and on a side note.... Leaf him at the alter is all yours. I am not loving my green tosies at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS! I like your dress and that pretty ring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Heather--Thanks! What are you talking about---you have you Masters too! Take a pic of the green pigs, I wanna see :-)

    @April--Thanks so much! This was the first outing for the ring and I love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on getting your masters! That's amazing!!! Love your outfit and those wedges are adorable. I'm wearing chinchilly right now too! Love it!

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog