Monday, May 31, 2010

Successful Sewing Adventure--Floral Sheath Dress

Readers, I am here to tell you that I made my first dress. It took me about two or three weeks from start to finish because I have been a little consumed with the outdoors (i.e. pool and boating) but I finished it yesterday! Yay!

I think I mentioned the fabric in an earlier post but I love the print, I think its different from things I normally wear. The hubs wasn't sure about it at first but I think he has finally come around.

Here is the pattern--

And here is the finished project...

(props to the hubs for the pic)
front
back
pleating detail

I think this will be very versatile. I am already picturing it with my gray Anthro weave belt and my BR Cage sandals for a more casual look---or a black cardigan and peep toe pumps for work. We will see. Hopefully I'll wear it this week to show you in an outfit post. Happy Memorial Day!

10 comments:

  1. Wow!! That is beautiful. I love the print! You'll have to post pics when you wear it. I wish I could sew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great. What an awesome job. I sure do wish I could sew like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding me? You made that? WOW!!! You are very talented. I really like that dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janine, Kimberlee, and Taylor-- thanks so much. I took a class about two years ago at JoAnns and I finally have time to work on sewing. It is easier than it looks. Having a good pattern is key. Thanks again for the sweet comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that is so cool!!! I could never make anything like that, congrats!!! Its really cute, can't wait to see it on.

    steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Steph. Posting an outfit tomorrow lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so talented Mere! I am so impressed! Everything you make is better than what's in stores!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Andi---I try ;-) lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I'm very impressed. I've been wanting to learn how to sew for a long time (my sister and I finally bought I sewing machine). After reading your post I'm definitely motivated to take a class and give it try. :) Dress looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love this dress. You looked gorgeous at work. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog