Friday, May 14, 2010

Outfit: A Pop of Color...

It's finally Friday! I have been so totally exhausted this week for no reason---I'm not working long hours, I have only been to the gym once so I have no idea why. That being said, I am feeling quite lazy today and opted for a comfy casual workday outfit.



Top: NY&Co (this is seriously from like 2002)
Cami: Target
Pants: Banana Republic
Shoes: Nine West
Headband: Banana Republic
For my makeup today, I wanted a more fresh look. I used Benefit's Moon Beam, which I don't use very often and I am not even sure why. I applied the highlighter down the bridge of my nose and from the temple to the top of my cheekbone. I am really happy with the results, it's a nice touch of highlight. I don't know why it has taken me so long to fall in love with this stuff.
Face: Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse
Concealer: Benefit Boi-ing 
Highlighter Benefit Moon Beam 
Bronzer NARS Laguna
Crease: Jemma Kidd for Target in Vanity Fair
Lid: MAC Pigments in Summertime
Highlight: Benefit eyeshadow in Low Profile (discontinued)
Lips: Liner Sephora in a nude color
Lipstick: Maybelline Born with It
Gloss: MAC LipGlass in Cruise Control

I'm excited for this weekend---Saturday the hubs and I are going boating. The weather is supposed to be super hot and humid so hopefully it's not too hot but just right to enjoy the day. There are some really great places to eat on the water and we almost always go to one of them while we are out. Our most frequented are the Green Flash on Captiva Island and the restaurant on Cabbage Key where Jimmy Buffet actually wrote Cheeseburger in Paradise song (I don't know the name of the place) . That is one of the best parts of going out on the boat. Love it!

On Sunday we are celebrating my little brother's birthday. I cannot believe he is 17. If he is 17, that means I am getting older too---eek! We are going to my mom's house to enjoy my family's company and maybe get a little mother/daughter time in too.

I hope everyone has a totally awesome Friday and the rest of the weekend. Share any exciting plans you have---I'd love to hear them!

xo Mere


4 comments:

  1. Love that pretty pink, what a fresh palette! You look fantastic, that headband is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your headband!

    Your Saturday plans sound heavenly! I would give anything for a super hot day right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sweater is such a great color on you! And being brunette myself, I love that color too!! And like Olivea said, the headband is so great. You really know how to throw a great outfit together! :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog