Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Outfit and Some Randoms...

Ah Tuesday---I'm not really sure what it is but I am in a pretty foul mood today. I don't know if it's the totally outrageous dreams I was having or if it's having to deal with people at work but overall my sentiment for the day is ick!


Moving on from ickiness this to bigger and better things---croissants! They worked! I made homemade croissants that were delish and didn't burn or deflate. I used this recipe for the dough and then this one for the butter croissants and this one for the chocolate croissants. The recipes said the dough yielded much more than I was able to get but maybe because mine were huge?! LOL Hubs didn't seem to mind. (Note: If you use this recipe, start with only 3 cups of flour, adding more if needed. Mine were really dry the first time I tried it with the full flour amounts). Another item off of my bucket list---funny all of the items crossed off are food related---hehe.


Here is my croissant journey in pictures:





If you look closely, you can see all of the butter and layers in the raw, rolled pictures. I am usually not one to eat so "buttery" but these were really good. I didn't get a picture of the chocolate but they were tasty too. I'm so excited. I think this recipe will be perfect for a yummy weekend breakfast. They are time consuming but so worth it--yay!

This was my outfit for yesterday. I got this top at Banana this weekend and its cute and comfy--love it!




Pants: Ann Taylor
Top: Banana Republic
Shoes: Banana Republic
Makeup: I did a gray, green crease with a shimmery mint in the inner corner. 
Lips: This is the NARS Turkish Delight that I purchased this weekend. I really like how light it is. I think it's a nice neutral pink.

While at Sephora, I got a sample of Sephora's Brand Mascara in Atomic Volume. I gave it a try on Sunday (when I had no other eye makeup on). The mascara wand has very distinct bristles and it actually felt like I was brushing out my lashes. It gave me a really separated lash look---just for the heck of it---here is a pic:

I hope everyone has an awesome Tuesday. Just writing this to all you fabulous readers has improved my mood---now if only time would fly by...

xo Mere

6 comments:

  1. The croissants look really yummy! I think you did an awesome job! And I really love that shirt from Banana. Did they have other colors? (thinking of the loft skirt I got) And forget about those nasty work peeps! I will bet there to join your side on Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your ick day! Some days are just like that. I usually take a moment to myself on those days. Being around other people makes me feel poisonous! ha ha. Yeah I am a real grouch on those days. I hope your Tuesday started off nice. The croissants turned out lovely! I wish I had one for myself.

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Heather and Rachael---if it was possible, I'd virtually send some your way.

    Heather, the shirt came in black and a bright, darker pink. Thanks again!

    Lunch helped (well that and ignoring phone calls)--feeling better now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your eyes are such a great shade of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those croissants look DELISH! I now have a serious craving thanks to you, so I'm totally throwing some Pillsbury's in the oven :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been having lots of icky days too but chocolate croissants make everything better. I love your outlook on life =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog