Friday, May 21, 2010

Outfit and Purple Peepers...

Today is Friday! I am so excited. I have about three weeks until my cruise vacation and I cannot wait! I didn't get a chance to post my outfit yesterday so here are some quick pics. I have posted this outfit before but yesterday I wore it with a jacket because this building is freezing!!



Skirt: Banana Republic
Top: Express
Jacket: Banana Republic
Shoes: JS by Jessica Simpson
Headband: Banana Republic
Earrings: Banana Republic
(wow--a lot of Banana)

Today I decided to do a light sweep of lilac eyeshadow over my lid, I used the purple from the Smashbox Wish Palette. These colors are not very pigmented so it's perfect for just a little pop of color. You can see a week of me using this palette here.

On a side note, I am running really low on mascara so I thought I would try a sample of BADGal Lash from Benefit that I got in a kit a while ago. This mascara, while not at all volumizing, did a good job lengthening in my opinion. Being that I absolutely love DiorShow Blackout, that alone shows I am a huge fan of fat lashes so using only the BADGal Lash wasn't enough. I thought I would give the Cover Girl Lash Blast another shot, thinking maybe using the Benefit first would help and I have to say, I was right. Putting the Cover Girl over the Benefit BADGal was a perfect combination. While I think this is perfect for me in the interim until I can get to Sephora for some more Dior, I don't think this is really a cost saving mascara as a full tube of the Benefit is about $20 at Sephora. Overall though, I am happy with the eyelashes today---better than clumpy lashes from using end of the bottle mascara.




On a side note, did anyone watch Grey's Anatomy last night?? That was the most stressful two hours caused by a television show ever. Ten minutes in, I was already holding my breath and overall freaking out. It was a really good episode---can't wait for the next season!

Anyone have any exciting weekend plans?

I am planning to go to Sephora tomorrow and to the movies with my sister. We are going to see 'Letters to Juliet', I think it looks like the perfect girly sister kind of movie.

I am still working on my dress so I may try to finish that up this weekend. I will definitely post if I finish. Happy Friday!!! Hope your day is awesome and flies by...

7 comments:

  1. I like that purple shadow!

    So, I missed the first hour and a half of Grey's but the last half-hour was stressful enough! Not a minute into the part I saw, I was in tears. At some point this weekend I'll watch the full episode online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your outfit!!Isn't BR great! What mascara do you like best for lengthening? I have a giveaway if you visit!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that skirt! So darling.... I'm a hit or miss fan of Banana, some seasons I want every single thing in the collection and others (like this spring) I can't find one item I love.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't watch Grey's but I logged onto my FB last night and almost every other update was one of my girlfriends saying how crazy Grey's was so now I'm dying to watch it, problem is that I'm already 4 episodes behind on the DVR!

    I recently got Maybelline Lash Stiletto mascara because I needed some and it was on sale and I had a coupon so I got it for free basically and decided for that price it was worth a try and I really love it!

    I want to see Letters to Juliet so badly, seems like the perfect girly movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nude shoes are the best because they make legs look longer! I like your headband, it adds a nice touch to your outfit. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jacki--I don't know how you could jump into a show like that. I def recommend watching it. It was so good!

    @Karena--I don't really have a rec for lengthening, I have been totally committed to Dior for about 3 years and I only experiment if something is way cheap or free. I'll let you know if I come across one. Thanks and BR is so awesome!

    @Elle--I know what you mean about BR but for me it's more hit than miss. Thanks!!

    @Tamara--I think the finale was better than the whole season combined. Catch up girl! Thanks for the Maybelline rec. That one is affordable so maybe I should give it a try.

    @Cafe Bellini--Thanks! I love nude shoes too---they are comfy so that makes them even better. Hope your weekend is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grey's was so crazy last night! I have never had a tv show give me serious anxiety before!

    Love the purple shadow on you! It is one of my favorite makeup colors to play with.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog