Sunday, May 9, 2010

Outfit and Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to my mom and all of the other mom's out there. Today for Mother's Day I went to church with my mom and had the opportunity to sport my skirt that I made, seen here. Good news people---the dress did not fall apart, split at the seams, or any other traumatic event I was imagining in my paranoid mind. This is only the second thing I have ever made so I was a little nervous. I did a more casual look with sandals and a top but this easily could be dressed up.





Top: Banana Republic
Skirt: DIY
Sandals: Steve Madden

In honor of Mother's Day, I thought I would send a shout out to all of the wonderful Moms out there. You all definitely deserve a day. I know my Mom has put up with my antics far too long but she does it so well (and I think she enjoys it, shhh!). The last few years have definitely brought my Mom and I closer together. I love you Mom!!!
"All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother."
-- Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)



My mom and I @ my wedding in 2006

My husband and I have been together since 1997 so you can imagine that our families have meshed together and his mom is like a mother to me as well. I'm just blessed like that ;-) Happy Mother's Day Patricia!!


I'm cooking dinner for my mom tonight and enjoying her company. I hope all of you are enjoying the day with loved ones as well.

xo Mere

10 comments:

  1. That skirt looks amazing! I used to do a lot of sewing a few years ago, and that skirt makes me want to get into it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olivea--thanks so much. I'm just getting in to sewing and I have more projects I want to do than I think I'll ever have time for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That skirt is absolutely amazingly fantastic on you!! LOVE it!! The color is perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The skirt looks amazing. I'm glad there were no traumatic experiences when you wore it. That would be especially bad at church. And your hair looks awesome too. Hope you had a great one with the family. See you tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Andi--Thanks so much.

    @Heather--I know. I was picturing the dress splitting in the middle of church lol. Thanks!! See you manana!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty pretty pictures. You look lovely! And Happy Mother's Day to you!

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this skirt. You are talented! I don't think I could make a skirt to save my life...

    -Amanda
    (The Pretty Pauper)
    Feel free to follow my blog :)
    www.prettypauperstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. so impressed you made that skirt, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Rachael, Amanda, and Tiffany! Thanks for commenting and checking it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that skirt is amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog