Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Loving for May!

I haven't done a "Loving" post in a while and I have got some really great stuff lately so I thought I would share.

First we have NARS Orgasm Blush/Laguna Bronzer:
I have heard multiple raves about both NARS blush in Orgasm and their bronzer in Laguna. Being that summer is just around the corner I thought I'd give it a try, especially when I saw them together @ Sephora. The perfect pair. I must say I have been using this for about 2 weeks and I love it. The bronzer is the perfect shade for my skin tone and the blush is bright and buildable. I use minimal amounts for work and get the perfect pink on the apples of my cheeks but you could easily use a little more and get a great flushed look. So I know there are tons of you out there that are already fans of this but if you haven't tried it, I am recommending it for sure!!

Next, Stella McCartney Eau de Parfum Roll-on:



With spring here and vacation around the corner, I was looking for a new scent that is travel friendly. I must admit, the roll-on selection at Sephora was a little disappointing. There was probably only a handful of scents that had roll-on selections but I was happy I found this one. The scent is light but not too light. I'm horrible at describing scents but per Sephora, this scent is a mixture of rose and amber. Overall, I like it and think it will be a perfect addition to my collection.

Another product that is an old time favorite of many is Tend Skin:


With the warm weather in Florida comes the constant shaving. At any random moment, I could be on the boat with hubs or at the pool for an afternoon so I need to be ready. Tend Skin is great at keeping ingrown hair and bumps away. It now comes in this awesome roller-ball that is refillable which I love. Another must have for warmer weather and vacation! 

Lastly, we have Anthropologie Wheatfields Belt in Grey:

I love this belt! It's perfect for cinching a dress or adding something interesting to a cardigan and it fits in with my obsession for all this gray. I love the woven look of it too. I am in the process of making this super summery dress and there is a light hint of gray in the pattern which this will be perfect for. I cannot wait for it to be finished and until then, I am sporting this with skinnies, skirt, top, whatever because its totally great. 

In doing my online shopping ever so diligently, I came across this item I want to try -- Philosophy Beach Girl Set looks so fun and summery and with an orange crush scent, who can resist! I am really into all things summery as the temp in my car this week has been 94* - 96*. Welcome to spring Florida!



I guess that all for my babbling this morning! Hope everyone has an awesome Cinco de Mayo. I splurged on homemade guacamole last night so I think my celebrations tonight are going to consist of going to the gym and watching Glee on my Tivo. Happy Hump Day!!




11 comments:

  1. I've been using Nars Orgasm for years, and have been wanting to try the Laguna bronzer. Does it have a lot of shimmer in it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think there is a lot of shimmer at all. It's a light shimmer in my opinion. I'll try to take pics and post it next time I do a look pic. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Laguna/Orgasm duo - I have been using the combo for over a year now and have no desire to test anything else out. There is not much shimmer in Laguna, but it definitely gives a nice "glow" without being too obvious. Sephora also sells a kit that comes with the Orgasm nailpolish too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your pics, good tip about the hair stuff. I love Stella also, especially the roll-on, so convenient!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I may have to pick up some of that Tend Skin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is it about this post that makes me want to go on Sephora and shop?? Does that Tend Skin REALLY work?? Ok break over--back to studying :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Deconstruction--I saw the Orgasm polish and I was excited to try it but I really didn't like the color. I was a little too coral shimmery for me (if that makes sense ;-).

    @Andi--I'm new to the roll-on perfume world but I'm def a fan.

    @Abri and Heather--I have tried many products in the past and Tend Skin is the best so far. I guess you get what you pay for. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought Nars Orgasm and Nars Laguna separately. I don't think the orgasm does anything for my skin tone, and I liked Laguna but it crumpled in the pot without me dropping it or knocking it or anything! I read about that happening to others too. I am really glad you like it though!

    LOVE the belt.

    And I recently bought a roller perfume from Sephora, well, fairly recently, and I love it! Its easy to travel with, throw in your purse, and its good because you don't end up with a ton of perfume that sits there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OBSESSED with that belt. I want it!

    I have never used roll-on perfume before but am tempted to try it. It seems so convenient!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love sephora. love the beach girl line.

    new silver earring giveaway www.wild-and-precious.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have been dying to try nars but I have been holding off until I finish up what I am using now. I have been using a MAC bronzer. I am wondering how it will compare. I guess we will see!
    xoxo
    KC

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog