Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Some updates and a Funny Quote...

Sorry I have kind of been off of the radar this week. I am just really tired---I'm driving again for work (which I hate) so I think that contributes to my tired-ness. However, I did want to give you some quick updates...

Firstly, I finished my last final exam EVER. I am graduating on Sunday with a Masters in Accounting!! I am toying with the idea of a PhD sometime in the future but for now, the idea of no more classes is amazing!!

Secondly, I ran my farthest ever this week---5.05 miles! We live on the east side of downtown and I actually ran through downtown up and down the length of the downtown area three times and I  made it back. At 3 miles, I thought there is no way I was going to make it and I even debating having hubs take me back but I got a second wind and made it home. Woo hoo! Maybe that 5k race isn't totally unreasonable.


And lastly, I saw this post on facebook the other day and it made me literally laugh out loud...

"And so I fly, whether with wings or by broomstick, because that's how I roll" --Anonymous

I hope everyone is having an awesome week. I have some exciting things coming up so I'll be on more later in the week: Friday is my 10-Year High School Reunion and Sunday is Graduation!!

Later peeps 

--xo Mere

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your graduation and running accomplishments! I bet you are excited to be finished! Have fun at your 10 year- my hubby's is coming up next month and I am so excited!

    Check out my giveaway this week!

    -Amanda
    (The Pretty Pauper)
    www.prettypauperstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your big graduation and run, you overachiever! Lol
    xooxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for graduation day! I can't wait to see pics of you in your sorcerer's gown :) I didn't know that 5 mile run was outside through downtown. Sounds awesome! I think I might try out that John Yarbrough park to run this weekend if I can make the time. Though trees on one side and a canal on the other kinda creeps me out :) Only two more days!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your graduation and your run, I've just recently starting trying to run (I hate it) but one day I'd like to be able to say "I'm a runner"...

    www.tamara-camera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I would love to run a 5k too. I think I'm ready but, I'm sooo nervous about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on 5 miles!! That is amazing! A 5k is definitely way doable. esp with the adrenaline of a race. If I can do a 5k, you can!!

    also congrats on your school achievements! I am finally done with school too so I know how amazing it feels :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! That is wonderful news! I bet you feel SOOOOo good right now! I can't believe you did all that testing and ran that much! You are my hero.

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much everyone! I appreciate all of the nice comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just ran across your blog and was reading some of your older posts (obvi), and girl! If you can run 5 miles, you can DEFINATELY do a 5k! I love to run, but I HATE running in the gym, so I am excited with summer being here that I can get back out pounding the pavement... There's nothing better than that feeling of being finished with a long run when you didn't think you were going to make it past the first few miles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Sarah--Thanks for reading. I live in Florida and it's already in the 90's everyday. I'm kind of nervous about running in the heat so I have been sticking to the gym. But I do run faster and farther when I run off of the treadmill. I'll have to check out the next 5k in my area for sure. xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog